VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! was created by DoctorZen

Posted 20 Sep 2016 18:53 #1
Vegas Pro 14 is now officially released and available for download.
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/

I have a coupon code you can use to take $15 off your purchase, if you buy Vegas Pro 14 direct from Vegas Creative Software in the next 2 weeks.
Coupon Code = WelcomeVegas14

At the moment there is no Upgrade Option for existing owners of Vegas Pro, wishing to upgrade to Vegas Pro 14. I'm sure this is just an oversight by Magix and will be rectified ASAP. I am certainly waiting for this option to appear myself!

What's new in version 14.0

• Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
  • Added a Vignette video effect.
  • Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
  • Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
  • Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware:
  • *DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
    *Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.
    *UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
  • Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
  • *Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
    *Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
    *Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
    *Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
  • Updated support for current AJA hardware.
  • Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog.
  • You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches.
  • Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
  • Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
  • Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
  • Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
  • New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
  • Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
  • Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Oct 2016 23:44 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter, Richard Jones, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 20 Sep 2016 19:36 #2
Thanks Derek.
Interesting and somewhat disappointing that MAGIX themselves have not yet seen fit to (universally) inform existing users about it with emails and on their own user forum. After some prompting the main user moderator there at least published the release notes.
Last Edit:20 Sep 2016 19:40 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 21 Sep 2016 10:01 #3
Is this the 'free' version we are supposed to be eligible for after we bought the version 13? I didn't think it was going to be released until Feb next year. I registered my version 13 so I would expect to receive an email notifying me about the new release.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 21 Sep 2016 10:29 #4

Is this the 'free' version we are supposed to be eligible for after we bought the version 13?

Vegas Pro 14 is being released now in September - that is always what they told us would happen.
If you received an upgrade offer for Vegas Pro 13 to Vegas Pro 14 in the last couple of months and accepted it, you should receive an email soon with activation codes for VP14 (I would guess). Personally, I have not received any emails from Magix yet about this - I don't know anyone that has.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 does not get released until February 2017.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Sep 2016 10:30 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 21 Sep 2016 19:43 #5
I have been monitoring all the social media accounts for Vegas Creative Software.
Someone on the Vegas Creative Software Facebook page asked the question about upgrade pricing, and VCS responded with this reply:

During the next days you will receive via newsletter an upgrade price. You will also get an news feed information in your software too. If you want to upgrade now you can contact our customer support. They will give you all information you need.
Best | VEGAS Social Media Team

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 22 Sep 2016 00:38 #6
I received an email this morning from Magix for Vegas Pro 14.....

Vegas Pro 14 Edit $199 USD
Vegas Pro 14 $249 USD
Vegas Pro 14 Suite $349 USD
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 22 Sep 2016 00:46 #7
Thanks George. I haven't received this email yet and judging by past performance probably won't.
Seeing the prices you quote I'm not even looking forward to receiving it any more.
Think I'll wait to see if they come up with a special upgrade offer of further minus 25 or so % like SCS used to offer.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 00:54 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 22 Sep 2016 01:00 #8
Well, we are still within that 3 day window posted I think yesterday or the day before. [strike]This offer did not mention anything about an upgrade[/strike], just the offer for the three version of Vegas. The comparison chart was rather large but I have screenshot of the differences I will upload then edit this post in a few minutes.

EDIT: On further examination of the email I received, it does use the word 'upgrade'. It doesn't reference any other upgrade version. This is confusing!!
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 03:55 by Eagle Six

Posted 22 Sep 2016 01:12 #9
The comparison table
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu

A 60-inch screen would be nice :)
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 01:14 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 22 Sep 2016 04:06 #10
Please see my update in previous post. Checking back and reading the email a third time, they did include the word 'upgrade' in the email message as, "Get your new version today with this exclusive upgrade offer - Valid until September 27th, 2016". It was also in bold.

vkmast wrote: Thanks George. I haven't received this email yet and judging by past performance probably won't.
Seeing the prices you quote I'm not even looking forward to receiving it any more.
Think I'll wait to see if they come up with a special upgrade offer of further minus 25 or so % like SCS used to offer.

I think this may be a similar functioning purchase as the first deal in July to upgrade to Vegas Pro 13 + free v14 when released in September. That deal didn't require buyers to verify they had a previous version of Vegas. I took the email as far as the shopping cart and there was nothing in reference to a previous version or serial number required.

Perhaps there is another deal coming for the current users of Sony Vegas Pro 13 within the next few days. If not and this is it, I would be among those who may be disappointed in this pricing.

I'm also disappointed in the confusion caused by the Magix marketing department. I'm glad the Magix marketing department isn't in charge of product development!!!!
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.293 seconds