VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Back in early July 2016, I asked a manager at Magix about why I was not receiving any email communications from Magix about Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio. I have just emailed the same person I spoke to in July for some urgent answers. Here is a copy of my letter. I am posting this open letter on the forum, because I know there are many people who are in the same situation as myself and are NOT receiving any communication from Magix (Vegas Creative Software).

Hello *****

I do not know who I should direct this important message too at Magix, so I am starting with you. If this has nothing to do with your department, can you please pass it on to whoever is in charge of controlling email Newsletter distribution for Vegas Creative Software.

I am one of your new affiliates who joined the Magix affiliate program, so I could transition my website Movie Studio Zen from Sony branded software to Magix software.

Vegas Pro 14 is now released and I am still waiting to receive an email from Magix (Vegas Creative Software), telling me officially that it has arrived and offering me a chance to upgrade from version 13 to version 14.

I live in Australia. My forum members and customers are located in many different countries across the planet – it is a global community. All the members on my forum have been reporting back to me. Apparently people who live in the USA have been receiving email messages with offers to upgrade to Vegas Pro 14 at a reduced price for a limited time. However, many other people who DO NOT live in the USA (including myself) have never received a single message from Magix.

Those of us who are waiting to be acknowledged by Magix, own many different versions of Sony’s software and were on their mailing list for many, many years. When Sony was in control, we use to receive different promotional messages and were “kept in the loop” at all times. To go from regular communication to zero is a big shock.

It is causing GREAT distress, that some of us have been abandoned!

I patiently asked you about why some of us have never received a single email from Magix back in July and you assured me that emails would eventually be sent to EVERYONE. It is now the 23rd of September 2016 and this has NOT happened.

So you have an emergency on your hands if you do not already realise it. You need to find a way to FIX your Sony email database or RE-INVITE all those who want to receive information about Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio and ADD us to a NEW MAGIX email database. All you have to do is post a message on the Vegas Creative Software forum and the word will get out. This would be an easy way to get everyone back on the official Vegas email database.

I joined the existing Magix Newsletter email list and receive frequent messages about all your existing products from Germany, but DO NOT receive anything about Vegas Creative Software products.

If a solution to this problem is not found within the next 7 days, I and many others will lose all confidence in Magix and Vegas Creative Software and be forced to abandon support for any of your products. I never thought it would come to this. Please do not ask me to check my spam/junk email folders. I can promise you that I and many others have NEVER received a single email from Magix about Vegas software.

On the 4th of July 2016, I asked you specifically about why I had not received any email newsletters from Magix, about Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio software.

At this time, only some existing customers worldwide from the Sony Creative Software database, started to receive email messages and special offers direct from Magix. One message was a welcome letter explaining that Magix had bought most of Sony’s software products. Another email message offered to purchase Vegas Pro 13 and Vegas Pro 14 for $199. The only reason I know about these emails, is because some of my own customers from the USA received these emails and told me about them. Personally, I have NEVER received a single email newsletter from Magix about Vegas Pro & Vegas Movie Studio and am still waiting.

You sent me a few replies about this topic. The last message you ever sent me was this:

Sent: Tuesday, 5 July 2016 10:18 PM
To: Derek Moran <******>
Subject: AW: *******

Hi Derek,

Thanks again for your email.
We’re in transition and things currently might take a little bit longer. During the next few weeks every customer in the database will receive a welcome email. We’re only sending one welcome email to each customer – regardless how many products a customer has purchased. Because Vegas Pro 13 is your most professional product, you received an email focusing on Vegas Pro, not on Movie Studio.
And yes, those who already use Vegas Pro 13 will receive an exciting upgrade offer for VEGAS 14 in September.

I hope this email will reduce your worries a little bit.

Best wishes,

*********************************************************************************************

Months later my worries have returned and are now amplified to DEFCON 1 and I can hear a fat lady singing.
I hope that my message is taken seriously by someone in charge of the email distribution department. I cannot afford to waste any more time and energy with something so ridiculous. There are large numbers of other people (non USA countries) who feel the same way as myself.

I look forward to your reply or a reply from whoever is actually in charge of this.

I am also posting this message on my own forum, with the hope that someone in charge will read and act on it. I will remove any sensitive information to maintain privacy.

Regards
Derek Moran
Movie Studio Zen
Australia

www.moviestudiozen.com
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Oct 2016 23:44 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 23 Sep 2016 20:31 #2
Thank you for your concern, Derek.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 24 Sep 2016 00:33 #3
Thank You Derek for the excellent letter which reflects my thoughts exactly. I would make a comment about those in the USA receiving the news emails from Magix while users in other countries have not. I have read a few (not many) post from members stating they are in the US, yet have not received emails. This could of course be they ended up in their spam folder. As well, I have read a couple post of those living somewhere in Europe who did receive the news emails, but did not keep track of the countries. Regardless, with those very few exceptions, I think your email was still accurate, as those exceptions are questionable and far less than 1% of those reporting.

I think Magix will eventually get the news emails, registration, serial numbers, and upgrade pricing corrected. However it would appear it may be too late for many of us who are contemplating moving away from Magix Vegas. I'm still hanging on, but my patience is running very thin over this whole mess.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 24 Sep 2016 06:02 #4
In the meantime, just for the record
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/

My comment is right below that post. George and Derek have said all there's to say.
I wonder if Derek will get similar "clarification."
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 24 Sep 2016 13:15 #5
Warning: I know this is pointless, but I need to try and release some steam pressure before I explode.

**UPDATE**
I have just received a reply from the person I messaged at Magix. Here is the meat and potatoes of the reply.

What I can say right now is, that we only sent out the newsletter with the upgrade offers to US customers. I can add no more at the present time because even I don't know more. As soon as I have feedback I will contact you again.

**end of message**

I am feeling quite exhausted and a bit depressed by what has "not happened" since Magix took over.
In a previous life I worked for two different multinational companies as a manager myself, so I expected things to move slow at first, but eventually get sorted out before the major release of product. Three months was more than enough time to sort out a large email database.

It now appears that my initial worst fears have proven to be true. Vegas Creative Software based in the USA (not Germany) is behaving like a 20th century physical chain of stores and is only interested in serving their biggest markets. Anyone who lives outside of these large and profitable markets has simply been forgotten (deliberately). It's a bit like Mc Donalds deciding to shut down all their restaurants in countries with populations below 50 million and not telling anyone in advance what was about to happen.

I simply do not understand any of this at all. I don't know of any other business on Earth selling digital products, that acts like this. All other software companies I deal with, do not segregate in a negative way based on location of the customer. In fact the complete opposite occurs for other large software companies with a global audience. They make sure that each major section of the market is given EQUAL chance to participate.

Adobe gives universal access to their products and deals.
Cyberlink gives universal access to their products and deals.
Magix in Germany gives universal access to their products and deals.

Vegas Creative Software DOES NOT give universal access to their products and deals.

When I first learned about Magix purchasing most of Sony Creative Software, the very first thing I did was join their newsletter. So for months, I have been receiving offers to buy a wide range of their software products. Receiving regular email updates from Magix (Germany) made me believe that the same would be true for Vegas branded products. The fact that this is not happening, indicates that something or someone is deliberately throwing a wrench into the system and creating unnecessary chaos and mistrust.

If a simply thing of equal email communication for all cannot be sorted out very, very soon, I seriously do not see how I can maintain a functioning business into the future, that has anything to do with Vegas Creative Software.

My health has been complete shit for months, so that's half the reason why I have been very inconsistent with creating new content for this website. However, I have been slowly working on some secret projects to rectify this. Now that it is Spring time in the Southern Hemisphere, I can feel my body slowly coming back to life.

Whatever happens in the future, I will not be abandoning any existing subscribers and members of my YouTube channel, website and forum.

I definitely won't be making any rash decisions in the heat of the moment.

I have a backup plan in place which I can activate when the time is right.

I definitely feel better, now that I have got that off my chest.

Cheers :)
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Sep 2016 13:16 by DoctorZen

Posted 24 Sep 2016 16:59 #6
Thanks Derek.
I am (almost) speechless. There must be a total communication breakdown somewhere inside the company.

Besides all of the above, for instance, one simple thing that I cannot begin to understand is this
"The standard upgrade price for VEGAS Pro 14 is 249 USD."
The "reduced price promo through net notify in Vegas, good until Sept 27" for Vegas Pro 14 is 249 USD as well.

What is there that is reduced from the standard? I've seen reports that the current offer is open to anybody, so no previous version is needed to get it. Judging by the "clarification" posts from the two Magix staffers they don't seem to even know this. At least they don't seem to acknowledge that. For the time being I'm staying with Vegas Pro 13. I see many current users are doing the same or jumping ship. The market may surprise Magix.
Last Edit:24 Sep 2016 18:23 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 24 Sep 2016 18:14 #7
This is the first time I will not upgrade. I am also going to stick with Vegas Pro 13 for now and begin a more earnest exploration of pro alternatives that would suit my needs.

The only good thing about Vegas Pro being released first, is they now have 5 months to work properly on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum and get the release of v14 done correctly. Statistically, the vast majority of people who subscribe to my YouTube channel and website, are Movie Studio users. I hope Magix gets it right for them. Movie Studio is where my Video Editing journey began and I still think it is a great program for beginners to intermediate users.

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Posted 29 Sep 2016 00:50 #8
Hi guys
I am in direct contact with someone from Magix in Germany right now, about this problem with NOT receiving any emails. He is asking me to provide some example email addresses confidentially, so that he can have a close look at what the problem is. He said that a mass email was sent out to all International (non-USA customers) in last 24 hours. Everyone that has not been receiving emails, should have received this new email. Personally I have NOT received this new email.

If you have never received an email like myself, can you please send me your email addresses that should be on the old Sony database. Also tell me which country you live in. I will then forward your info confidentially for investigation. You can email me using this address help@moviestudiozen.com. Enter "MAGIX EMAILS" in subject line. If you know anyone else who is also not receiving emails, please let them know about my message here and I will try to help.

Regards Derek (Dr Zen)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six

Posted 29 Sep 2016 19:30 #9
While we are waiting for something/anything to happen, you might read this SCS forum thread from June 2016

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/assets-and-forum-sale-of-scs-to-magix--102706/

Even then, oddities with who did and did not receive that notification. I never did.

I expect this to end up with Magix giving legal reasons or telling us that Sony/SCS databases were not correct.
Last Edit:29 Sep 2016 19:35 by vkmast

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
I received more email addresses from people who have never received any emails from Magix, than I expected.
It is a wide mix of different countries affected.

My contact at Magix suspects that the Sony database is corrupted in some way. I think this is exactly what the problem is.
I suggested this too them 3 months ago, but they didn't take my concern seriously back then.

I sent the same message to Magix Germany, the Vegas Pro Forum, Vegas Pro Support and Vegas Creative Software Facebook page.
Magix Germany has responded now and the Vegas Creative Software Social Media team on Facebook have also responded.
So I am more confident now that we are finally being treated seriously and a proper investigation has begun.

Stay tuned...

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds