VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question There is a BUG in the Kunena 3.06 Forum that is preventing Pagination Views for Page 1's

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hi there everyone

There is a tiny bug that has crept into the Joomla Content Management System I use to run this website and forum.
The bug is effecting Pagination Views on the Forum.

What exactly does that mean ?
At the top of big category pages, you may see quick links to pages 1,2,3,4,5.......
If you view any page other than Page 1 and then try to switch back to Page 1, it will not return to the true Page 1 view.
The bug was caused by a recent update to Joomla 3.3.4
There is nothing I can do to fix this, until Joomla releases a program update - hopefully this will happen quickly because a very large number of websites have been affected.

Temporary Solution
There is a temporary solution to this problem if you need to view a Page 1.
Go to the address bar for your web browser and type ?start=1 at the end of address - this will take you directly to page one for the category/thread you are viewing.
Here is a full example:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum?start=1

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 15:56 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
***UPDATE***

I have applied a patch which has fixed pagination bug.
Everything is now back to normal !
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Hello,
I'm also using Kunena for a project, can I have the patch you used...running on the same problem
Thank you.

edit: solved :)
Last Edit:21 Oct 2014 05:36 by unusec
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Hi unusec

A link to fix was posted on the Kunena Forum.

Here is the original thread:
www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-3-0-support/131728-k-3-0-6-pagination-number-links-not-returning-to-first-page-of-topics?start=10

User 810 posted link to fix on Github.
Here is link to fix:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/4393/files

The Github article shows what you have to delete and add to the following two files:
libraries/cms/pagination/pagination.php
libraries/cms/router/site.php

Please note that before I did any of this, I updated to the latest Joomla 3.3.6

Regards
Derek.
I'm finally in !
Hard time logging in today.
What ended up being the problem ?

I googled the error ... but there wasn't much on it.
www.jvitals.com/support/support-forum/default-topic/4495-login-doesn-t-work-after-registration.html
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
My website was moved onto a new server yesterday.
The move broke all my email accounts associated with Movie Studio Zen - email is very important for accounts to work properly.
When I discovered how big the problem was, it was 2 AM in the morning and support was thin on the ground.

Apologies for the problems.
Everything is now good as new on a faster web server.

Regards
Derek
Whoa .. new server ! Nice.
Moving on up :)
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds