VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Sony Creative Software's major products have been officially sold to MAGIX Software!

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hi all MSZ Forum Members

After a year of speculation, the truth has now been revealed.
Sony has sold all it's major products that we use and love every day, to the German based company MAGIX Software.

Magix will now take on development of Vegas Pro, Movie Studio, Acid Music and Sound Forge.
New versions of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio will be released in the Northern hemisphere's Autumn.

Sony is going to keep it's Catalyst range of products for itself and continue alone with this software.

Read press release from the CEO of Magix here.
www.linkedin.com/pulse/magix-aquires-sonys-video-editing-music-software-today-klaus-schmidt

What has just been announced today, is pretty much what I suspected was going to happen. When Movie Studio and Vegas Pro were not updated more than 12 months ago, I was suspicious that a take over deal was being organized. We will all have to wait and see what happens next, however I am quietly confident that this is good news today.

If you are interested to know what other people think about this, check out this thread on the Sony Software Forum.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=945099

Regards
Derek Moran
Movie Studio Zen
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2016 17:46 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: dongle99, GM1968
The topic has been locked.
Thanks for your help. Have been using Movie Studio for 2 year and thanks to Zen for your great help, you felt like a friend. Have been trying out trial versions of software and have decided to go back to Adobe Elements which I used for several years but went haywire after touch screen were developed but it seems OK now.

Good Wishes Zen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Cheers :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=948449

including

www.magix.info/us/vegas-community-and-magix.info-relaunch.forum.1173992.html

Quote:
--- existing user names and all posts and comments from the Vegas Movie Studio, Vegas Pro - Audio, Vegas Pro - Scripting, Vegas Pro - Video, Vegas Pro Production Assistant, CD Architect Software and DVD Architect Software forums will be included in this community. We will make all other sub-forums that no longer continued by Sony available as a read-only archive.

This means that you will be able to access your current accounts and continue using them in the future. All Sony Creative Software Community core features will be available to you in addition to many new ones
---

That looks good.

We'll see about the design and the new features when they are implemented.
Last Edit:27 Jul 2016 00:58 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six
FYI, this post from the Sony/SCS Vegas Pro forum.

Subject: RE: VEGAS Community and magix.info Relaunch
Reply by: MAGIX_Eric D
Date: 8/19/2016

The community will be on a different domain, therefore the accounts on magix.info and on the new VEGAS Community are something entirely different. Your participation on magix.info will not affect your ability to retain your account on the Vegas forum.
Last Edit:20 Aug 2016 08:23 by vkmast
FYI, the SCS forums to MAGIX transition

Subject: Forum Maintenance Aug 22, 2016
Posted by: ForumAdmin Sony Creative Software Moderator
Date: 8/22/2016 5:29:53 PM (EEST)

Hello everyone,

The forums will be closed this evening starting at 5pm Central for maintenance. We will be moving the forums to their new home with MAGIX.

All existing posts will be transferred over to the new forums for archival purposes, and your links should redirect automatically once everything is in place.

Sony wants to thank you for the years of community you have shared with us, and wish you all the best with MAGIX.

-ForumAdmin
Last Edit:23 Aug 2016 05:12 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six
Well this will be a big leap, I'm sure there will be a few glitches, hopefully it will be a relatively smooth turn over!! The result may also be a signal for things to come. It probably will not look the same, but maybe we can get used to that if they include some of the features discussed, such as email notifications.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast
So far, ATM, clicking on the old SCS forums you are redirected to forum-archive.magix.info/home , which is "Community Forums Archive."

"This is the read-only archive for the old SCS Community Forums. To discuss VEGAS products, you can join the new community vegascreativesoftware.info. If you already have a SCS Community account, you can restore this and continue to use it in the VEGAS Community. Please follow the following instructions to do so.
If you're a fan of the audio products, you'll find brand new sub-forums for audio software at magix.info.
"

At a quick glance, the archive resources seem saved OK.
vegascreativesoftware.info does not open for me as yet. Neither do I see "the following instructions" anywhere.

Growing pains, says Mike K on CC and I think George would advise patience as well :)
Last Edit:24 Aug 2016 01:16 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

vkmast wrote: Growing pains, says Mike K on CC and I think George would advise patience as well :)

In my part of Arizona the monsoon normally last 3-4 weeks, this year it started early and is running late approaching the 8th week. I'm falling behind on projects and my patience is growing thin!!!! So, I just might take out my frustration on Magix!! (like there is anything I can do about it, except wait like everyone else!!).
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast
Opening now, testing.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.897 seconds