VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Question on performace of DVDA version 7.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Question on performace of DVDA version 7.

Posted 19 Jun 2017 09:50 #11
Hi Derek, have put my concern on the MAGIX site www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-question-on-performance-of-dvda-7--107021/ those whom would like to see the answers can follow.:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Question on performace of DVDA version 7.

Posted 19 Jun 2017 10:48 #12
I saw your thread on the Vegas forums and will follow along to see what others will say.
I spent a few hours testing DVDA 7 yesterday and get a similar result to you.
I would love to know why it is so slow at writing the .iso file?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Posted 21 Jun 2017 07:08 #13
Well Derek their not that quick over in the MAGIX forum my question seems to have died after a few replys that didn't exactly address my gripe. Is there any rival authoring program I could consider?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Question on performace of DVDA version 7.

Posted 21 Jun 2017 14:28 #14
If you do a deep search on this topic and go back many years, you will find the same questions & answers going around and around in circles. No one ever produced a definitive answer. I think the only people that could ever answer this question properly, are actual software engineers from Magix/Vegas. I don't see a way of being able to ask them directly, because they are too consumed with more pressing matters right now.

The majority of people are not making DVDs & Blu-ray discs any longer, so software companies are not spending time and resources on developing disc creation programs any further. Adobe who is undoubtedly the biggest software company for content creation programs, ditched all further development and support for Adobe Encore, which was their DVD/Blu-ray creation software. The only ones left are all the consumer grade software companies making disc creation software for home users only. None of the competition is making anything as complex and as good as DVD Architect.

I am one of those people who still thinks there is tremendous value in creating physical media for long term storage, because one day the lack of physical media is going to bite many people on the arse, when they lose all their precious memories.

As annoying as the problem is, this is one of those things we will have to learn to live with for now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Jun 2017 19:24 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Question on performace of DVDA version 7.

Posted 21 Jun 2017 14:43 #15
Eagle eye - of interest - how long would it take your system to copy 20gb of files from one drive to another?
by ericlnz

Posted 21 Jun 2017 17:17 #16
I have 21.2GB of AVCHD .MTS files and it took 53 seconds to transfer between SSD drives. Hope that helps.

Posted 24 Jun 2017 07:23 #17
Thanks for reply Derek. Like you I can't believe that physical media is not being persued. However I wonder what people are preferring to use instead? I draw your attention back to one of my previous posts about the need to have some sought of menu system for digital media to replace the need for chaptering on physical media. The closest I have come to approaching this problem myself is to create projects in MVP14 say for what would be a section of the total project. To give an example a wedding would be cut into several projects like The arrival & service at the Church then the Wedding feast and finally the festivities and departure. The projects with titles and audio would be rendered to three video files and stored on a solid state portable hard drive. For my own use this is fine but distribution to other parties would be too expensive. So I think physical media storage for at least 1920x1080 50p is still a must!
I have recently bought a SONY UBP-X800 player mainly for its superior output picture quality and its USB3 front port. I can now plug in my solid state drive where I can play 1920x1080 50p or 4k footage I have created stored. The result is spectacular. My old player though good was now 10years old. I would be interested to hear how other forum members store UHD footage?
Last Edit:14 Jul 2017 13:44 by Eagle eye.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.951 seconds