VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved End of disc glithes and freezes

End of disc glithes and freezes was created by topclassvideo

Posted 21 Sep 2017 21:28 #1
Hi Derek, Please help, I have no idea why my videos won't work correctly.

I did a few videos few years ago, and thanks to your tutorials for movie studio and dvd architect I was able to create the videos and menus that I wanted. And Mark's bit rate calculator was life saver for getting longer videos on to a disc. So that was all well and good, but now i don't know what is happening, as far as i know i am doing everything i did before, but nothing seems to work.

I use the calculator to render the video (3% safety, no. of menu slides, add 5% to video length - and get the usage to 4554…), render the audio, make a menu (with scene select, add a song to the main menu), burn the dvd.

When I play the dvd, everything is fine - the menus, quality, and actually playing ….. Until the last 3-4 minutes, where it starts glitching and then freezes.

I have re-rendered the video with the video length increased on the calculator and I have taken the song off the main menu, but I still get the glitches.

The only other thing I think I can try is forgetting about the menu, and just burning straight onto the dvd. But it shouldn't be glitching - I'm doing what I did on my other videos, or least I think I am.

Am I overlooking something?

Please help me Derek, is there anything you can advise?

Thanks,
Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 21 Sep 2017 21:58 #2
Hi Gary

Which programs and versions are you using ?

Movie Studio Platinum ?
Vegas Pro ?
Which version of DVD Architect ?

What is located at the end of the video where is starts to go weird ?
Do you have Video Transitions, Text Events ?

What Frame Rate is your Source Video using ?
What Frame Rate did you render with in Vegas ?
Did you remember to set DVD Architect to the same Frame Rate ?

Regards
Derek

p.s. I moved your post into the DVD Architect forum.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 21 Sep 2017 22:10 #3
Also try another player. How old is your player? My experience recently with CDs on a DVD player that gave problems towards the end was that it was the player not the disk.

We rarely play disks that take the laser mechanism right to the end of its rail. Over time the lubricant can dry out and dust accumulate. So when it gets near the end it sticks or doesn't run smoothly. I found using a CD that ran as near as possible for the maximum 80 minutes and playing the last few tracks over and over for 30 minutes helped.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 22 Sep 2017 00:03 #4
In addition to what Doc and ericlnz say, note that low quality media often may/will have problems when approaching the end of the disc. I try to avoid burning to too near the full capacity of the disc. As for dvd blanks, I burn only to Verbatim AZO and have not tried Taiyo Yuden since CMC Pro took over the TY disc production.
by vkmast

Replied by topclassvideo on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 22 Sep 2017 03:22 #5
Hi Derek,

So i'm using Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 (64-bit) and DVD Architect Studio 5.0.

At the end of the video, there is short clips with 2 seconds of a transition in and 2 seconds of a transition out of each clip, but the glitching doesn't happen right away - its about the 4th clip in.

The frame rate is 25, and as far as I can see it is the same in Studio and Architect.

Thanks,
Gary.

Posted 22 Sep 2017 03:25 #6
Hi ericlnz,

I tried a different dvd player and my laptop - it still glitches.

When i watch the video file on its own and also in Architect, it is fine - something is happening at the burning stage i think.

But i can't understand it.

Thanks,
Gary.

Posted 22 Sep 2017 03:29 #7
Hi vkmast,

I think i have put longer videos on a dvd before; now the quality was still good - but the dvds worked.

The dvds i use are Taiyo Yuden, i have had them for 3- 4 years now and i was aware of the switching of manufacture, but i believe i have the good discs.

Thanks,
Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 22 Sep 2017 03:49 #8
TCV, see if there's something useful you can pick up from this old thread from the old SCS forum archives
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/max-bitrate-for-most-dvd-players--92307/
by vkmast

Posted 22 Sep 2017 05:49 #9
Would the video template in Project Properties in Movie Studio make a difference?

I was trying to compare what was different between this project i'm working on and my other projects that worked ok.

This project is "HDV 1080-50i (1440x1080, 25.000 fps)", but my previous project was "HD 1080-50i (1920x1080, 25.000 fps)"

Replied by ericlnz on topic End of disc glithes and freezes

Posted 22 Sep 2017 10:43 #10
TCV - what frame size is your source material? 1440x1080 or 1920x1080? The former has stretched pixels and the latter square pixels. It shouldn't make a difference to the DVD playing but could affect image quality.

Which brings us to another point. These are HD sizes and you are burning to a DVD which is SD. Presumably you are downgrading in DVDA.
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.900 seconds