VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Subtitles on Bluray and DVD

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Subtitles on Bluray and DVD was created by BobH

Posted 28 Sep 2017 01:51 #1
Hi all,
I want to produce a Blu-ray and DVD with subtitles using DVD Architect Pro. For the first menu I want to allow the subtitles to be selected on or off before I go to the main menu to play the video or select various scenes. Not having done this before, how would I first create my subtitles and then create the menu to choose whether or not to play the subtitles. Is this possible for both Blu-ray and DVD and is the process similar for both?
Thanks
BobH
by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Subtitles on Bluray and DVD

Posted 28 Sep 2017 10:49 #2

Is this possible for both Blu-ray and DVD and is the process similar for both?

Yes and yes.

I don't have time to write detailed instructions for you here and now, but there is a very good Help File in DVD Architect on this topic.
Open DVD Architect and go to help/Contents and Index
Search "subtitles" and select Adding Subtitles - heaps of topics listed here...

Subtitles can be manually entered, using DVD Architect (there is a function for this).

However, over the past couple of months I have been learning about subtitles myself, because I am now adding them to all new tutorials I publish on YouTube. Recently I experienced a major breakthrough and discovered the best and easiest way for adding subtitles to any video.

I am using Subtitle Edit 3.5.3
Using this program, you can play a video and type at same time.
This creates a text file that can then be imported into DVD Architect.
www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/

To make all functions work in the program, you also need to install VLC Media Player.
www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Subtitles on Bluray and DVD

Posted 29 Sep 2017 23:12 #3
Hi Derek and thank you for your reply. I will check out the details in DVD Architect and also have a look at the Subtitle Edit you mention.
Regards
BobH
Last Edit:06 Oct 2017 10:24 by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds