VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Unable to Select Burn Parameters was created by SlowSteve

Posted 09 Sep 2018 00:02 #1
Used Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 and DVD Architect 4.5 years back and recently started using again for a short family project this summer. I burned 7 DVDs of the project a few weeks ago and want to burn several more. I am now unable to Select Burn Parameters when trying to Make a DVD. I have started from scratch many times but still unable to Select Burn Parameters. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2018 00:46 by SlowSteve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Posted 09 Sep 2018 00:50 #2
Hi SlowSteve

When Vegas or DVDA suddenly stop working after many years of working, the first and best thing to do is reset both programs.
Resetting restores all settings to factory defaults and also cleans the temporary files cache.
Over time, garbage files build up in these caches, which can sometimes cause random errors.

Reset instructions here. Make sure to reset both Vegas and DVDA.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by SlowSteve on topic Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Posted 09 Sep 2018 05:07 #3
Thanks, Derek. I reset DVDA & VMS back to factory settings (clearing the cache in the process), then rendered the project again and tried to burn in DVDA but when I reach the Select Burn Parameters screen I am still am unable to make any selections. Not sure where to go from here.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Posted 09 Sep 2018 14:41 #4
Go to Options/Preferences/Burning
Under Advanced, make sure Use Legacy Disc Drivers is selected.

Does it work now ?

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by vkmast on topic Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Posted 09 Sep 2018 18:16 #5
The OP has an old version of VMS Platinum and he probably has DVD Architect Studio 4.5. That version may not have the Advanced option to toggle the use of legacy disc drivers. At least my version of DVD A Studio 5 does not have that. Check if there is in General Preferences the option to "Skip drive database; autodetect drive capabilities".
Check also that your burner is not faulty as you probably have a correct disc inserted.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by SlowSteve on topic Unable to Select Burn Parameters

Posted 09 Sep 2018 23:57 #6
Vkmast is correct. I do not have the Advanced Option to toggle the use of legacy disc drivers. I do have the option to "skip drive database..." I will see if that solves the problem and also make sure there is no issue with the burner. Thanks for your suggestions. I will let you know.
Last Edit:16 Mar 2019 17:01 by SlowSteve

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds