VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error message while preparing folder

Error message while preparing folder was created by video.lund

Posted 01 Dec 2018 07:55 #1
I'm using Windows 7, Vegas 12, DVD Architect 6.0. I've captured a 47-minute video clip, rendered it to 2.1GB (MPG). No editing, no menu. When I select "Make DVD" I'm asked to prepare a folder. I made a new folder on a large drive that has free storage space of 3089.5 GB. When I select "next" I get an error message that says "There is not enough space in the temporary files folder for preparing the disc." I'm stuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Error message while preparing folder

Posted 01 Dec 2018 16:53 #2
Hi Video.Lund

It sounds like your C-Drive is completely full !
Programs in Windows and Windows itself, create a huge number or temporary files which are stored on the C-Drive.
If you regularly clean up these files/folders, you can possible free up many GBs of disc space.
You can also set the Temporary Files Folder location in DVD Architect to a different drive in needed.

First I recommend you install a free program called CCleaner and do a full system clean of all files/folders.
I regularly use this program myself and it is safe to use. You only need to use the free version!
www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Here are my recommend settings to use for your first clean.
Obviously you will have different programs installed on your computer - System Files should remove the largest amount of garbage.
Before you run CCleaner, go to This PC and take a note of your C-Drive size
After you select the options I have shown below, press Analyze - take a note of how much crap has been found, then press Run Cleaner

After you have run CCleaner, you may like to then turn some of these options OFF for cleans in the future.

After using CCleaner, you may have enough space to use the default program settings.
If not, open DVD Architect and go to Options/Preferences/Burning
Manually select a new location for the Temporary Files Folder on your large capacity drive.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 08:42 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds