VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

• mbp511
  • mbp511's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect was created by mbp511

Posted 22 Jan 2019 00:25 #1
Hi,
Trying to produce a dvd game but struggling with a bit of scripting.

The game itself is a Penalty shoot out game.

The problem is that I cam trying to get the script to remember the scores and show then on a screen.

There are only 2 players.
There are only 2 videos - one showing a goal and one showing a save.
Each player gets three goes each.

Player one has a go........then a score is shown.........then Player two has go and shows score...
After first set.......total score is shown (0:0 - 1:0 - 1:1 - 0:1 ) etc

Trying to find a way that the above can be done three times and the scores are shown each time

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Martin
Last Edit:23 Jan 2019 09:23 by mbp511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 22 Jan 2019 08:06 #2
Hi mbp511

I am assuming that you are asking about how to write scripts for DVD Architect ?

I have zero knowledge on how to write scripts for DVD Architect.
Please explain more if you mean something else ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• mbp511
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by mbp511 on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 22 Jan 2019 08:17 #3
Hi, yes......I think so unless it can be done by chapter jumping
by mbp511

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 22 Jan 2019 08:37 #4
Sorry, but I do not know how to do this.
Someone else on the forum maybe able to help you, when they read your post.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Robbie on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 23 Jan 2019 01:11 #5
Hi Martin
It’s been a very L-o-n-g time since I’ve used scripting for a couple of relatively simple DVD projects way back when I used DVDLab - and certainly not since I’ve been using DVD Architect. I’d have to do some relearning to be certain, and I am by no means an expert on how to access or use the General Parameter Memory Registers (GPRM) of a DVD Player but I’m not sure that “remembering” scores is something that can be “really” done.
Not sure how your game works but you may be able to create the impression that scores are being “remembered” with a combination of multiple (read lots of) menus and end action instructions. For example:
  • Menu 1 – ask players to click “Start Game” with end action to go to Menu 2
  • Menu 2 – Ask player 1 to select “kick to top left corner of goal” or “kick to top right corner of goal”
  • End action for top left is play “no goal” video with end action go to menu 3 “player 1 nil Player 2 nil” with request for Player 2 to select “top left” or “top right”. End action for “top right” is play “Goal” video with end action go to menu 3 “Player 1 1, Player 2 nil” with request for Player 2 to select “top left” or “top right”.
  • Etc, Etc until one of the paths takes one player to a score of 3 where the end action would be to go to Menu xx “Player x wins!”. (would need to think whether Player 1 wins if they get to a score of 3 2 or whether Player 2 gets a chance to go to 3 3 and go to menu xx “Draw”.
Built as above though, the game would become fairly predictable unless you can introduce some randomness as to whether on Menu 2 “top left” or “top right” is the goal. This would be where scripting might come in, although it would increase the number of menus required (ie Menu 2 would actually need to be Menu 2a where left is the goal, menu 2b where right is the goal. Might even want randomise Menu 1 as to whether it goes to alternative menus designating Player 1 or Player 2 as first shooter. This video might help with introducing “random” end actions:

Probably hasn’t solved your problem but hopefully might provoke a few thoughts.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:23 Jan 2019 01:12 by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• mbp511
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by mbp511 on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 23 Jan 2019 01:42 #6
Hi Robbie,
All sounds plausible...thanks.
I have, in actual fact, seen and used the coding from that video!

Prefer to use the same type of coding format to have a 'perceived' random video selection (either GOAL or SAVE)
That's where i'm struggling to code.
by mbp511

Replied by Robbie on topic DVD game - adding scripts to DVD Architect

Posted 23 Jan 2019 16:08 #7
A lot of DVD-Lab users used to do some quite interesting and challenging things with DVDs The program can be quite daunting for many users but there are (or at least used to be) quite a few folk in their community with detailed knowledge of scripting. Its quite a different product to DVDA but you may be able to get some ideas from this DVD Game thread .
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:24 Jan 2019 00:23 by Robbie

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.831 seconds