VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Photo image self-orientation in DVD Architect

Photo image self-orientation in DVD Architect was created by Scarface

Posted 04 Feb 2019 00:15 #1
I have used one of my own photos for a button icon. Mostly, this works as DVD-A intends. But one image, in landscape format JPG, is getting turned through 90 degrees. I have tried everything to find a way to correct or avoid this, and spent hours without success. I can't find any 'rotate' setting accessible in DVD-A (the Photo Compilation rotation is not accessible here). I have tried saving a tilted image, hoping to 'fool' DVD-A, and even that doesn't work. Can anyone advise, please?
Last Edit:04 Feb 2019 22:56 by Scarface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Photo image self-orientation in DVD Architect

Posted 04 Feb 2019 08:40 #2
If this image came from a mobile phone, that is the most likely cause of the problem.
Some images created with phones, can have the metadata tags that do not read correctly in video editing programs or DVD Architect.

Buttons in a DVD Architect project are very small elements.
I would never just add a full sized image as a button.

Use an image editor like Photoshop first and save a smaller version of your image file first.
All you should have to do is re-save the image with Photoshop and then the tags from original source will be removed.
Now it should display correctly in DVDA.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Scarface on topic Photo image self-orientation in DVD Architect

Posted 04 Feb 2019 22:54 #3
Hi Dr. Zen,
That worked a treat, very many thanks. Oddly, the photo which first hit this problem was from a scanned print. Others used from this source have worked fine, but another arose over the weekend (which I will now tackle as you suggest). Thanks also for creating your superb website. Far from the least benefit, it is helping me realise that I am not the only person who is struggling up the learning curve of DVDA (and Vegas).
Regards,
Stuart
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Photo image self-orientation in DVD Architect

Posted 04 Feb 2019 22:56 #4
Cheers Stuart :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds