VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD was created by Scarface

Posted 13 Mar 2019 11:03 #1
I have an Introduction Media as my Start Item. At first, the DVD did show this clip before showing the main menu. I produced three DVD copies, but then I tested the first again. The Introduction Media clip did not show, and the DVD began with ther main menu. By diagnosis, I thought the issue was being point to by an error warning about the 'remote menu button' on the Introduction Media (there is none visible, by the way) pointing to the Most Recent Menu, BEFORE a menu had been detected. [I thought this was fundamental to the idea of an Introduction Media clip]. I sorted this apparent problem out (somehow), but the underlying no-show Introduction Media is STILL not showing when I play the physical DVD. I have spent HOURS trying to get this issue resolved to no avail. I am using DVDA 7 and Vegas 14. I am very close to binning the lot, so any help would be appreciated. The stress is really not worth it with this software it seems.
Last Edit:13 Mar 2019 21:19 by Scarface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2019 12:42 #2
Which build of DVDA7 do you have? There was a recent update so Build 100 is the latest. www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-dvd-architect-update-3-build-100--115059/

If that doesn't fix your problem post your project file here so it can be looked at. Don't worry that the source material won't be with it.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2019 18:44 #3
Thinking outside the box here :!: :idea:

If you are testing your DVDs in the same DVD/Bluray player connected to your TV, you need to remember that most DVD players have a memory function.
This means that if you start playing a DVD - then eject it - then close the door and start playing again, it will start playing at the last place you were viewing - it will not begin like the first time ever!

If you have 3 copies of the same DVD, your DVD player will think all 3 DVDs are the same DVD - not 3 different DVDs.
So if you start playing one copy, eject it, then insert copy 2 or 3, it should start playing from the same point you stopped on copy 1.

On my DVD players, you need to press the STOP button on your remote twice, to zero out the DVD playback memory.
After doing this, the DVD will play from the absolute beginning again.
I get into the habit of pressing STOP many times, to make sure the playback memory is zeroed out.

Turning the power off for your DVD player for 5 minutes may also zero out the memory.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Mar 2019 21:07 by DoctorZen

Replied by Scarface on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2019 20:57 #4
Genius! I had been trying the DVDs in my adjacent Apple iMac, as well as on my movie PC. I think what had happened was that there was a logic problem in my DVD design. Once I had cleared this up, the Apple DVD player did as you surmise - ignored the later, correct version - thus duping me into thinking the problem was still present in the source material. So I tested your hypothesis by using my TV/DVD player set-up, and, Bingo, the Introduction Media was shown in all its glory. I could have gone on erasing my DVDs till the cows came home, and without your insight, I would have got nowhere. Thank you very much.
Stu
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Scarface on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2019 20:59 #5
Hi Eric,
Thanks very much, I'll check this, although Derek's reply later has helped me realise that it is NOT the DVDA software this time. Thanks for your interest in helping.

Regards,
Stuart

Replied by ericlnz on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 15 Mar 2019 09:37 #6
Good one and glad you were easily sorted. The good Doc to the rescue again.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 15 Mar 2019 12:35 #7

ericlnz wrote: Good one and glad you were easily sorted. The good Doc to the rescue again.

I went to my 14 year old nieces birthday party last night and instead of talking with the adults, I was setting up a new GoPro camera with the kids.
Being a nerd/geek is a 24 hour occupation that I can't seem to escape.

[IMG
[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2019 12:36 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Introduction Media - no video showing from DVD

Posted 15 Mar 2019 19:27 #8
+1. Youth are the future (and the present). She/they will be the one(s) to set up the gadgets of the future generations for the next generation :)
Last Edit:15 Mar 2019 19:35 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds