VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error when trying to burn Blu ray disc

Error when trying to burn Blu ray disc was created by Cottonwoolkid

Posted 23 Mar 2019 23:31 #1
Having completed a project on Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 (Build 148) and rendered using both make movie and render as using main concept mpeg2 and sony wave64 templates. I then import the main video file from the renders folder into DVD Architect (Build 100) using the preferred method as in the Tutorial where I then create the Buttons and Background, the project then plays perfectly in preview, doing a final save as, click the make Blu ray disc Button and set the relevant properties finally getting to the finish Button, all goes well until the end of the render section when I get the following error message. File name:N/A Status: MUXcomp:Valdating
error.---Cannot load the schema for namespace ' tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd'-Data at root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. I have no idea what this is or how to resolve it! The last time I successfully made a Blu ray disc with this set up was about Eight Months ago, it still produces DVDs ok without any problems.
Has anybody else experienced this problem, and if so is there a fix. Please Help.
Last Edit:24 Mar 2019 14:09 by Cottonwoolkid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Error when trying to burn Blu ray disc

Posted 24 Mar 2019 14:29 #2
Hi Cottonwoolkid

There are a few references to this error when you do a Google search.
Unfortunately no one has ever reported back what fixes this problem 100%.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/getting-a-weird-error-when-creating-blu-ray-image--96302/
www.videoforums.co.uk/threads/32867-Vegas-Studio-9-PE-Blu-Ray-Burning

Have you changed any of the default Preference Settings in DVD Architect ?
Specifically, did you change the location of Temporary Files Folder ?
If you have changed this, I recommend you default it back to the original pathway.

Go to Options/Preferences/Burning
Then press Default All at bottom.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by Cottonwoolkid on topic Error when trying to burn Blu ray disc

Posted 25 Mar 2019 05:31 #3
Hi Derek,
Thanks for the reply, the two links that you refer to I had already looked at those but like you said there is no difinitive answer, the pre render folder is at the default on C drive. I had another attempt at creating a Blu ray disc using the make movie option in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum and this time instead of the box with send to DVD Architect appearing an error box appeared saying (Failed to connect to IPC Port: The specified file could not be found). Could this be a problem with Vegas Movie Studio and not DVD Architect? Once again I tried making a DVD using make movie and it worked perfectly, Do you think re-installing Movie Studio would have any effect? I am reluctant to do this as I don't want lose any of my projects, if there is any more information I can give you please let me know.
Regards. Dave.

Posted 25 Mar 2019 19:10 #4
I think something on your computer has possibly changed and/or something in Vegas and/or DVD Architect has become corrupt.
The error you are receiving seems to be extremely rare.

I would recommend you do a full re-install of all your Vegas programs, including DVD Architect.
You will not lose any of your saved projects by re-installing the programs.

After you reinstall both Vegas and DVD Architect, make sure to do a full reset of both programs.
This will clean the temporary files cache, which can sometimes become corrupted.
Instructions for resetting programs here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Reboot your computer and do a test.

If you are still experiencing problems after this, I strongly recommend you do a clean install of Vegas and DVD Architect.
This means doing a deep removal of all components.
I have in-depth instructions for how to do clean installs here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/602-how-to-clean-install-magix-vegas-pro-movie-studio
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 25 Mar 2019 19:14 #5
*ADDITIONAL MESSAGE*

If reinstalling the programs don't work, I recommend you repair Microsoft's .NET Framework program/s.
I have a feeling this is what may be actually causing your problem.

Instructions for repairing .NET Framework here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2117-text-animations-aren-t-working#10691

Posted 26 Mar 2019 05:07 #6
Hi Derek,
Decided to bite the Bullet and do a complete clean install of Movie studio and DVD Architect, Before I did anything I restored Windows 10 to a System Image from my back-ups that are saved to my "E" Drive, tested trying to make a Blu ray again, same result. I then followed your instructions and uninstalled using windows control panel, I then deleted any files and folders I could find that had any reference to Magix or Sony Creative Software, after that I opened the Registry editor and deleted all the entries that you mentioned in your post and some others with reference to Magix, in other words there was nothing left in the Registry to do with either Sony Creative Software or Magix, I then re-installed just Movie Studio (Build 91) and DVD Architect from the Disc out of the box. Carried out another test which resulted in the same error as in my original post, I updated Movie Studio to (Build 148) and DVD Architect to (Build 100), carried out anther test which resulted in the same as the original post. All I can hope for now is that someone out there has an answer for this as I do like the Software and I've got used to how it works, sorry I've gone on a bit in this post but I thought the more info you have the better.
Regards. Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 26 Mar 2019 06:34 #7
Hi Derek,
I'm sorry I only saw your post regarding the .net framework after I had submitted the rather long post. I carried out the instructions to the letter, when repairing the .net 3.5 it did download and install some files but having gone back to trying another disc I got the same error as in the original post, anything else you can think of no matter how small would be appreciated.
Regards. Dave.

Posted 26 Mar 2019 17:06 #8
Can you list in detail using point form, the exact steps from the beginning to end of your project.
Be very specific and tell exactly which Formats and Templates you used to render your video and audio files.
Also show your Project Properties.
I quick way to share all this info, would be to take some screen shots and upload showing all your settings.

I also need to see your DVD Architect settings.
The quickest way to do this is to upload a copy of your .dar project file.

Once I have all your settings, I will attempt to replicate exactly what you did.

I am also interested to see a full copy of the error report from DVD Architect - meaning a screen shot that shows the error report.

I think you also need to post this problem on the official Vegas Forums, so you can get more eyes on it.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/add-ons-forum/dvd-architect/

Posted 26 Mar 2019 22:29 #9
Hi Derek,
I decided to do another restore of the Computer with a system image in case I did something wrong in the Registry the last time, I then set about doing the complete uninstall of everything to do with Sony, Magix and Vegas including my previous versions of Movie Studio Platinum 11 and DVD Architect 5.0 I also deleted all the files and folders that vegas had created. When that was done I downloaded Movie Studio 14 Platinum and DVD Architect from the Magix Website and activated them using my DVD keys which the original programme was installed from, from there I created a small project and tried to burn a Blu ray disc, as you can see in the screenshots it wasn't successful, perhaps your skillful eye will spot a mistake in my settings. If we can't resolve the problem I will raise it Magix.
Regards. Dave

Last Edit:27 Mar 2019 15:23 by Cottonwoolkid

Posted 27 Mar 2019 15:41 #10
I think I may have discovered your problem :!:

(Moderator comment: I cropped all your screen shots to make them easier to read.
I also deleted some screen shots that showed your Serial Activation codes and email address.
Always keep your codes private, otherwise someone may steal them from you!)

Look at this screen shot from DVD Architect.
The location for where the Blu-ray disc file is saved to is WRONG.
You have it set to the Program Folder for DVD Architect - this is a BIG no no!
You cannot output files into Program File Folders on your C:Drive.
It is impossible for DVD Architect to have set this folder location, so you must have done this yourself by accident.
I suspect this is what is causing your error and now it makes sense that other mentions of this error in a Google search, all talk about making sure your Folder Locations are set correctly.

You must have changed the setting located here:

There are also some other things about your project settings which I need to ask about briefly.
Are you using an older style Video Camera ?
Are your source videos 1440-1080-50i (25p) or 1920x1080-50i (25p) ?
The reason I ask, is because you have your Vegas and DVD Architect project property settings set to 1440x1080-50i
This is a much older HD video format that no one would use today on a modern camera.
All HD video cameras today output to 1920x1080, which is a far superior format to record to.

You also have an unusual folder location in your Vegas settings.
It says E:\New Location\....................
Is this the location of your main Hard Disc Drive for Documents, Pictures, Music, etc... ?
OR is this an External Hard Drive ?
Last Edit:27 Mar 2019 16:07 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds