VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD menu

• Rwdoca
  • Rwdoca's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

DVD menu was created by Rwdoca

Posted 04 Apr 2019 12:41 #1
I have Movie Studio Platinum 13 and DVD Architect 5 and when I create my menus and create the dvd when I click on a menu it will go to where it is supposed to but then it continues on and finishes the DVD. It doesn't go back to the menu for the user to select another menu option. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I don't know if its in Movie Studio that I am not doing something correct or DVD Architect. Any guidance would be appreciated.
by Rwdoca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD menu

Posted 04 Apr 2019 15:05 #2
Hi Rwdoca and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for posting here.

Can you please upload a copy of your .dar project file from DVD Architect.
This file contains no video, but will show me your menu structure.

Press Attachments button below when you reply to this message.

After I see you menu structure I will be able to comment further.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Rwdoca on topic DVD menu

Posted 04 Apr 2019 22:43 #3
Thanks for taking a look. I "taught" myself how to use both programs so any guidance you could provide would be helpful.
by Rwdoca
Attachments:

Replied by Robbie on topic DVD menu

Posted 04 Apr 2019 23:54 #4
Hi Rwdoca
I'm using DVDA 7 but presume its the same in DVDA5. Unfortunately (as far as I know) if you want to create a scene selection menu that returns to the menu after playing a chapter rather than continuing to the end of the video you can't use the automated "insert Scene Selection Menu" options - you have to create it manually. If you search "Selection" in the help file you should find a Topic something like "Adding a Scene Selection Menu" which will take you to instructions for something like "Creating a menu that returns to the scene selection menu after playing the selected scene chapter (manual scene selection n menus".
Cheers, Robbie

Last Edit:04 Apr 2019 23:57 by Robbie
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, ericlnz, Rwdoca

Replied by ericlnz on topic DVD menu

Posted 05 Apr 2019 09:09 #5
RWDOCA - In DVDA you can customise just about everything. So you can tell it to go back to the menu as each item finishes and which item to highlight. By default it goes to the first thumb. Something is amiss if its not returning. Suggest we wait to see what Derek discovers when you give him your dar file. It looks like it might be something simple.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rwdoca

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 05 Apr 2019 10:30 #6
I am sure it is something incredibly simple. It was the first time I had used it and was on a time crunch to get it done. I thought I had done it correctly but when I went to watch it; i selected a topic and when it was finished it went right on to the next one.
by Rwdoca

Posted 05 Apr 2019 12:54 #7
It might help if you tell us exactly what you are doing to create your DVD.

Are you exporting each video from MS13 as a file and then importing these into DVDAS5
or
Are you going direct from MS13 to DVDAS by using the option in Ms13 to make a DVD.
by ericlnz

Posted 05 Apr 2019 15:08 #8
I've just spent a few hours playing with this. All my DVDs and Blu-rays are usually created from individual files imported into DVDA.

Out of curiosity I created a DV project in VMS16 with markers for individual clips and then went through creating a DVD with menu which opened up DVDA7. Eventually to get my marked items to appear I discovered the create a Scene Selection option. But like Rwdoca the individual items wouldn't return to the Selection menu no matter how I played with the Media's end action. Eventually I discovered the answer by searching on the Vegas forum but I needn't have bothered as Robbie's post above is the answer to what I had encountered. Thanks Robbie. A rather cumbersome way of achieving a return to menu after playing a selected area of a clip! I note that Derek has several DVDA tutorials which also probably cover the problem but I haven't time at present to watch them right through.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD menu

Posted 07 Apr 2019 13:56 #9
Thank you to Robbie and Eric

Your DVDA project file shows that you have only imported 1x video for your entire project.
As has already been explained, you can't make Scene Selection menus play only one chapter at a time and then return to the Menu screen.

My advice is to render your project into 2 separate videos.
Make video #1 the main movie and video #2 for Bonus Scenes only.

You may want to go one step further and render separate videos for each Bonus Scene.
Then create a Playlist for the Bonus Scenes.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 07 Apr 2019 22:12 #10
Ok. So if I make the main movie, once that is done will it go back to the menu selections? I am building a new project now so this is useful information. I can do the other videos as separate files then import them into DA then create markers in DA? Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.
by Rwdoca

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.900 seconds