VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD menu

• Rwdoca
  • Rwdoca's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Rwdoca on topic DVD menu

Posted 07 Apr 2019 22:15 #11
Thank you Robbie. I appreciate the information.
by Rwdoca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 09 Apr 2019 00:16 #12
Do I need to set markers in Movie Studio Platinum or do I just do that in DVDA?
by Rwdoca

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD menu

Posted 09 Apr 2019 18:04 #13

Rwdoca wrote: Do I need to set markers in Movie Studio Platinum or do I just do that in DVDA?

Markers can be inserted in Vegas or DVDA.
It is definitely easier to add Markers while you are still in Vegas.

If you add Markers in Vegas, you need to make sure they are rendered with your video file.
If you use the automated method for preparing video for DVD Architect, make sure this setting is selected before you begin rendering.

If you use the Render As (advanced method) for preparing video for DVD Architect, make sure this setting is selected before you begin rendering.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rwdoca

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 09 Apr 2019 22:35 #14
Thank you for the information. I appreciate all of your help.
Last Edit:10 Apr 2019 16:16 by Rwdoca
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 15 Apr 2019 01:44 #15
Ok I am frustrated. I am creating a new movie and in Vegas Pro 13 I inserted my markers. When I transferred it to DVDA I created the scene selection menu. When it opens up in DVDA 5 is recognizes all my markers. So then I pulled up the directions for "Adding a Scene Selection Menu". I followed the steps one by one and it still is not working. When I doubleclick on the first button I insert the start/end and it will show up in my window. When I go into the Button Properties to set the destination chapter is listed. When I proceed to button number 2 and set the start/end points; I go back into the button properties for #2 and the only option that is listed is 1: Scene/Chapter. When I look at button one it shows the same destination. So when I go back to my time line after clicking on button 1 my start/end points aren't there. So I am not sure why my in and out points are not holding.
Last Edit:15 Apr 2019 01:45 by Rwdoca
Attachments:

Replied by Robbie on topic DVD menu

Posted 15 Apr 2019 11:27 #16
Hi Rwdoca
From the attachments it looks like you are using the “insert Scene Selection” function in DVDA (ie the automatic creation option). As noted in posts above, you can’t specify an end point if you use the automatic “Insert Scene Selection Menu” options, which will only create buttons that start from the chapter marker but and then play to the end of the clip. As soon as you try and specify an end point on a menu created this way you get the “Broken Links" that you are seeing in your screen shot.

To create a menu that will play individual chapters and then return to the menu you need to follow the steps set out in the Help screen shot attached to my earlier post to manually create a normal sub menu (right clip on the main menu and select "Inset Submenu" - don’t use the “Insert Scene Selection” options) and then on the Sub Menu create and edit the individual buttons following the steps in that set of instructions. As Eric noted this can be a little laborious - particularly if you have a lot of chapters - but I’ve never encountered any issues with a scene selection menu built this way.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:15 Apr 2019 11:38 by Robbie
Attachments:

• Rwdoca
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 15 Apr 2019 22:26 #17
I had tried inserting a page and placing empty buttons and doing it that way with no luck either. I haven't had internet the past couple of days and remember someone advising doing it manually. I have printed out your information and will try that. Thanks.

I have tried what you described and I guess I am to dumb to figure this out because it does the same thing. It doesn't keep the in/out points. It just transfers them to the next button and sets all previous buttons to current one.

Thanks anyway.
Last Edit:15 Apr 2019 23:15 by Rwdoca

Replied by Robbie on topic DVD menu

Posted 16 Apr 2019 23:31 #18
Don’t give up just yet! :-)
I guess its possible that this may be a feature difference between your DVDA 5.2 and my DVDA 7 but that seems ubnlikely from what I’ve been able to see in the version history for DVDA.(But I wouldn't rush to update as i recall there may lose Dolby pro?)
After you “Insert Submenu” how are you creating the first button:
  1. by dragging the clip from Menu 1 in the Project Overview onto Menu 2 Workspace? This will create a button on Menu2 that displays in the Project Overview with the link symbol (two circles joined by a line). This will not work for what you want to do.

• or by right clicking on the Menu 2 workspace, selecting Inset Media and then selecting the video file you want to link to? This will create a button on the Menu 2 workspace that displays in the Project Overview with a film clip symbol. This is what you need for what you want to do.

• If you copy the button created using 2 above as many times as you need , you should then be able to edit the start and end points for each button as per the steps in my original post. Once you work out how to do this its easy as.
    Cheers, Rob B
    Last Edit:17 Apr 2019 08:44 by Robbie
    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Rwdoca

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
    • Not Allowed: to reply.
    • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
    Moderators: DoctorZen
    Time to create page: 1.147 seconds