vegas ms 16 728x90 2019 05 sale

question-circle Question Acute DVDA frustrations

• Thank you received: 3

Orientation of video after placing in DVD-A was created by Scarface

I have had help on this affliction in application to still images, and was duly helped to an answer. Now, it is video clips which are correctly portrait in their normal folder, but turn 90 degrees anti-clockwise when moved into DVD-A as a button icon. I can't see how to strip off the metadata (the solution for stills) from an original phone capture of a video, or I would have tried that. I have put the clip through Vegas, hoping that this route would cure the bug. It half-way does: the button thumbnail is now back to portrait, but when the clip plays, the video is back to 90 degrees anti-clockwise. Groan! Why did I ever start? Thanks for any suggestions.
20 Apr 2019 07:50 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 190

Replied by ericlnz on topic Orientation of video after placing in DVD-A

I'm not sure I completely understand your problem but DVDA produces files that comply with DVD and Blu-ray standards. Otherwise players wouldn't be able to play them. Such files display in landscape mode, which is how a TV screen is. If you wish to have your portrait images displayed as such you will need to pillarbox them in a landscape image. Of course this will result in large black borders either side. Best to do this in Vegas and then DVDA should then maintain them as you want them to appear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Scarface
20 Apr 2019 09:44 #2

• Thank you received: 1260

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Orientation of video after placing in DVD-A

I recommend that you never import videos directly from a Phone into DVD Architect, if this is what you have been doing.
Metadata from videos and still images that was created with a phone, can be problematic for more than one reason.

Your best solution is to render your videos in Vegas first, then import the new "Vegas" versions into DVD Architect.
Rendering to MPEG-2 for DVD will lock in new metadata that will display your videos the way you want.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
20 Apr 2019 15:58 #3

Replied by Scarface on topic Acute DVDA frustrations

Dr Zen,
Thanks for the advice. As my project is a family DVD with material drawn from many sources and types of device, I am landed with this issue all the time. My REALLY BIG BUGBEAR with DVDA is grasping the logic underlying the Project Overview tree structure and its relationships to the Project Workspace (if there is any logic). I can create buttons, but they always end up on the main front page, when i really want them nested further down. Having created a button, the sheer clunkiness of the DVDA design amazes me: e.g. I have a button that only "plays" its own photo-still based image, and I cannot get this to clear and replace it with a photo compilation. I am by no means 'stupid' at this field, but I AM an amateur. I am concluding that DVDA assumes a lot of knowledge that lies well outside the software itself, and which as an amateur cannot hope to acquire THROUGH using DVDA. My final request before I pack this project in for good: Do you know of any resource that explains the logic I refer to above, or any training material or physical course, that will help me realise my project's vision, please? I asked Magix over a year ago if they offered training, and guess what, they don't. They might learn how some users struggle with their products if they did. Thanks if you can help at all with a pointer to the relevant best resources for my level.
21 Apr 2019 07:31 #4

Replied by ericlnz on topic Acute DVDA frustrations

You could start with Dr Zen's tutorials on this site. https://www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50

There are also others found on the internet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
21 Apr 2019 13:19 #5

Thank you. I did start with Dr Zen's tutorials, and found they were very high quality but did not address my needs. If they had, I would not have written to the Forum. There seems to be a gap between "What a DVD consists of" and "What DVD-A does". I have come to the conclusion that commercial DVDs represent a quite simple usage of such software despite their glitz and artistry. Even I can create Chapters in a two-hour video! But a much more complex design (such as an amateur project like mine) is much more of a challenge. This challenge is heightened by probably being a user's initial project and exposure to DVD-A (and proper video editing too for that matter). I will revisit Dr Zen's Tutorials and see if I can relate them to my needs one last time.
21 Apr 2019 19:38 #6

Replied by ericlnz on topic Acute DVDA frustrations

22 Apr 2019 14:04 #7

Eric,
Thanks. I looked through a few relevant MSZ tutorials last night. Although they didn't answer the queries I had, they helped shift my approach and I seemed to make progress. I had been seeing the Project Overview/outline/tree window as a creative space, whereas MSZ barely used it as such. It just became populated as creative use of the main graphical window was populated. So it felt more intuitive, because the Overview window seems not to be that at all. Cheers.
Stuart
23 Apr 2019 01:52 #8

Moderators: DoctorZen

vegas pro 16 728x90 2019 05 sale

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL