VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Two Plays on a dual layer dvd

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 4

Two Plays on a dual layer dvd was created by Robert

Posted 14 May 2019 12:15 #1
I did a video of a play for a school on two days. I'd like to take my Architect save (it's in a .dar format) and create two on one of each DVD Dual layer. So, when the DVD is opened the main menu will be the select which show you want to view Friday or Saturday. clicking on the selection will bring you to the day desired and the menus I already set with Architect with the previous setup for burning individual DVDs on standard DVD. Is this possible or do I have to create a new menu in Architect?

Last Edit:16 May 2019 16:46 by Robert
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Two Plays on a dual layer dvd

Posted 17 May 2019 18:30 #2
Hi Robert

I have re-read your message over and over again and can't work out what you are actually asking ?
Can you please re-word this in point form, so I can understand easily what you are asking ?

This is what I do understand...

I did a video of a play for a school on two days.

You shot 2 different videos - this I can understand.

I'd like to take my Architect save (it's in a .dar format) and create two on one of each DVD Dual layer.

This sentence makes no sense ???
I understand you have already created a DVD Architect .dar project.
and create two on one of each DVD Dual layer - I don't understand what you are asking, because I don't know anything about your first version of the project.

So, when the DVD is opened the main menu will be the select which show you want to view Friday or Saturday. clicking on the selection will bring you to the day desired and the menus I already set with Architect with the previous setup for burning individual DVDs on standard DVD. Is this possible or do I have to create a new menu in Architect?

If you are actually asking "can I create a DVD project exactly like your diagram shows", then the answer is yes.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Robert
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Robert on topic Two Plays on a dual layer dvd

Posted 28 May 2019 07:47 #3
The first play would be on layer 1 and the second play would be on layer 2. when the disk is opened it would show a menu showing a button for play 1 and another button for play 2. They can select which play they want to watch. It's probably easier to just burn two separate DVDs. one for play 1 and another for play 2. that's what I did. I thought I could create a special DVD with both pays on it as an option.
by Robert

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Two Plays on a dual layer dvd

Posted 28 May 2019 12:54 #4
Yes you can put two different videos on the same DVD.
You do not have to worry about Layer #1 and Layer #2 - DVD Architect will organize that for you.
You can create a DVD exactly like you showed in the diagrams.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Robert
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Robert on topic Two Plays on a dual layer dvd

Posted 28 May 2019 13:47 #5
I am going to try it and see if i can do it. I'll let you know how i do. Thanks for being there for us. Sometimes it's hard to find information on vegas specific issues. You've helped me more than you know.
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:16 by Robert

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.899 seconds