VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD Architect Export capability DDP and CMF

DVD Architect Export capability DDP and CMF was created by patrickraymond

Posted 22 May 2019 22:01 #1
I want to acquire DVD Architect instead of Adobe Encore and DVD Studio Pro.

A salesman told me that DVD Architect could export DDP and CMF masters for DVD and Bluray. However, I can not find any information in the manual that confirms this.

Can you tell me if this feature is really included in DVD Architect?

Another question, but less important, is DVD Architect able to make Bluray UHD (4K)?

Thank you for your answers !
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:18 by patrickraymond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic DVD Architect Export capability DDP and CMF

Posted 22 May 2019 23:55 #2
Hi patrickraymond, and welcome to the Forum!

I actually had to do a quick search on what you were referring to about export to DDP and CMF masters. My search led me to a very old one from circa 2007, though the Original Poster had lost interest in this after a "year", as nothing posted provided any answers. The second link I checked, was the DCA site, where you would acquire a license (free), but nothing listed for what program/equipment to utilize, and since it did not affect me in any way, I did not pursue any further. The other listed links were basically about the same, and I won't open a site that I have to "translate", as something almost always gets lost in that translation. From what I was quickly reading, it had something to do with sending to tape, some other coding, along with understanding how to code correctly, etc. Or, I just really didn't understand????

Concerning DVD Architect being able to "burn" a UHD or DCI 4k Blu-ray disc? Nope. At least one that would be used as say a Movie Disc.

But, you can burn that MP4 file to a Blu-Ray disc for data and/or archival purposes, just like burning a Data DVD, Data CD, Floppy Disk, Zip Drive, etc.

Possibly the Doc (Derek Moran, creator/owner of site and forum) will have some information, or other members here on the forum that may have some input, or at least point you "in the right direction". Just be patient for some replies, as they all "traverse" other forums and provide the necessary nuggets of knowledge to those of us less so :) !
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by patrickraymond on topic DVD Architect Export capability DDP and CMF

Posted 23 May 2019 00:49 #3
Thanks

Thank you mmcswnavy24!

So you confirm me that there is no export possible in DVD Architect other than .ISO for DVD and Bluray?

To be more precise, the DDP 2.0 / 2.1 or CMF 1.0 format is intended for disk pressers for duplications in 1000 to 10,000 copies.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect Export capability DDP and CMF

Posted 23 May 2019 13:35 #4
Hi Patrick

I think I can shed some light on this topic.
There are 2 basic types of Blu-ray disc production software.
1. For Home users, semi-professional and professional (VEGAS DVD Architect)
2. For Commercial grade replication factories (Blu-Disc Studio)

VEGAS DVD Architect can output DDP 2.0 / 2.1 or CMF 1.0 format for DVD creation, but unfortunately is not setup to do the same thing for Blu-ray disc.

When Sony Creative Software use to own Vegas software, they also owned Do Studio software.
Do Studio was a advanced professional level Blu-ray disc Mastering program - this is what the big Hollywood studios and independents
This type of software costs $1000 of dollars to buy, because when you use this, the end product is going directly to a replication factory to make 1000's or Blu-ray discs.
Do Studio was able to output the Mastering formats you have mentioned.

After Sony sold Vegas to Magix, they also decided to let go of Do Studio.
If I was to have a guess, I think DVD Logic bought Do Studio and have now created there own lineup of Blu-ray production software called Blu-Disc Studio.
dvd-logic.com/

The prices range from 499 Euros to 2,999 Euros.
Blu-Disc Studio UHD can create 4K Blu-ray discs.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 May 2019 13:44 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.050 seconds