VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Captioning issue - captions come out jumbled

Captioning issue - captions come out jumbled was created by Adestiny04

Posted 06 Jul 2019 00:20 #1
I created a MPEG-2 file with cc’s in Vegas pro 16; when I bring the file into dvd architect and create a dvd the captions come out jumbled (subtitles are fine). Has anyone had this issue or can someone help me fix it?

Thank you,
Allison
Last Edit:06 Jul 2019 12:57 by Adestiny04

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Captioning issue - captions come out jumbled

Posted 08 Jul 2019 14:53 #2
Hi Allison and welcome to the MSZ Forum

I only have limited knowledge in using Closed Captions, but I do understand the basics.

There are different Closed Captions formats and you need to use the correct ones for them to work in DVD Architect.
VEGAS Pro supports CEA608 captions and CEA708 containers containing CEA608 captions.

Can you please explain the steps you used to create Closed Captions in Vegas Pro 16 ?

Did you insert Command markers on the timeline and then enter your CC ?
608CC1 is the standard command type used for everyday captions - you need to tell Vegas this is what you are using.

There is also a section in the Vegas Help file on Closed Captions.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:41 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.021 seconds