VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Architect doesn't burn DVD

Architect doesn't burn DVD was created by Don1937

Posted 26 Dec 2020 14:00 #1
Another problem with DVD Architect not burning to disc. I have rendered my project and sent it to DVD Architect. After pressing "Make Movie", the process is followed as expected. However, on the "Select Burn Parameters" page the disc status is shown as "Unknown CD media Disc". The process will finish but nothing is burned. This has only occurred recently. I have made DVD's from my VMP successfully in the past months.
Last Edit:27 Dec 2020 10:29 by Don1937

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Architect doesn't burn DVD

Posted 27 Dec 2020 10:31 #2
Which exact version of Vegas Movie Studio are you using ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Don1937 on topic Architect doesn't burn DVD

Posted 27 Dec 2020 18:46 #3
Good Evening Derek
I must apologise for inconveniencing you. After I posted my recent problem on the Forum, your response of last year to a similar problem appeared. I thought I had saved that response but could not resurrect it when I needed it.
I have turned off the ""Use legacy disc drivers" and all is working. I have now filed the solution in a more appropriate place.
It does puzzle me that this problem has occurred again without any changed to my PC, but I now know to keep an eye on it in the future.
For the record, I am using Movie Studio Platinum 14.0, and DVD Architect Build 100.
Thank you again for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.
Don
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:34 by Don1937

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Architect doesn't burn DVD

Posted 28 Dec 2020 10:07 #4
It's all cool Don !!!

More than likely, the problem with your setting defaulting back to something different, was caused by either one of these 2 things:

1. You reset the program to clear the cache (holding down CTRL + Shift and clicking program icon to launch program).
OR
2. Windows 10 did a major program update (normally happens once a year). When Windows installs a major program update, many of your programs are re-installed in the background. When this happens, some custom settings can get turned back to their defaults.

Every time Windows 10 does one of these major updates on my computer, I have a couple of programs that turn off all the custom settings I changed - very annoying!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Don1937 on topic Architect doesn't burn DVD

Posted 28 Dec 2020 10:32 #5
Thank you Derek.
by Don1937

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds