VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVDA Advanced Menus

• Robbie
  • Robbie's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 79

DVDA Advanced Menus was created by Robbie

Posted 30 Jan 2021 23:34 #1
Hi all I’m currently compiling a project for my son and daughter in law's dance school movie project to be delivered in both DVD and Blu Ray and I'm trying to achieve a menu presentation I was able to achieve in DVD Lab many years ago (DVD Lab hasn't been developed to produce Blu Ray).  Briefly … in the scene selection menus, what I’m hoping to achieve is on the left half of the screen including a list of text links to scenes and on the right side a single image relating to the scene currently highlighted on the left side.  The image would change as you scroll up and down the scene list on the left side.  Hope that makes sense.Can this be achieved in DVDA?  I note that scripting is not available for Blu Ray. I've also posted the question of the VegasCreativesoftware forums and will happily share any advice I might recieve there.

Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:31 Jan 2021 14:25 by Robbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robbie
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Robbie on topic DVDA Advanced Menus

Posted 31 Jan 2021 14:29 #2
If anyone's interested there's a short video walk through on the Vagas creative forum at
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvda-advanced-menus--126936/
Cheers, Robbie

Last Edit:31 Jan 2021 14:30 by Robbie

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVDA Advanced Menus

Posted 01 Feb 2021 11:13 #3
Thanks for providing link to solution  
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Feb 2021 11:13 by DoctorZen

• Robbie
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Robbie on topic DVDA Advanced Menus

Posted 01 Feb 2021 23:04 #4
Always happy to share the little I do know.  The frustration in this case is that the technique I recalled with a memory jogger from DougT at the VCS forum is fundamentally the same technique I suggested to Martin (mbp511) on this forum just 2 years ago - DOH! . Much as aging is far preferable to the only alternative I currently know of, it does have its down sides lol.
Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:01 Feb 2021 23:07 by Robbie

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds