VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100 was created by ONTHETRACK

Posted 22 Sep 2021 05:00 #1
I am trying to produce a Bluray disc in DVDA Build 100 with multiple files created in Vegas 18 Pro. DVDA build100 will not accept more than 6 AVI files rendered in Vegas 18 pro. It does not show an error message but the dreaded blue circling arrow is continuous. I have even left it overnight but it fails to load.
I have never had this problem with previous versions of DVDA and Vegas pro.
Is there a setting I am missing?
I am non technical so any simple advice would be appreciated. this is my retirement hobby.
Thank You,

Last Edit:22 Sep 2021 13:10 by ONTHETRACK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Posted 22 Sep 2021 13:16 #2
Hi OnTheTrack

Why are you rendering .AVI files for DVDA ?
Don't render to .avi - this is NOT a Blu-ray disc friendly format.

You should be rendering to either one of these formats.
All of these formats have pre-made Templates sitting there for use with DVD Architect.
1. MPEG-2
2. Sony AVC/MVC
3. Magix AVC/AAC

A single layer Blu-ray disc can hold up to 25GBs of video (it's actually slightly less in reality).
A dual layer Blu-ray disc can hold up to 50GBs of video (it's actually slightly less in reality).

I recommend you read/watch this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/532-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2021 13:17 by DoctorZen

Replied by ONTHETRACK on topic Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Posted 22 Sep 2021 17:01 #3
Hello,
I am very sorry to tell you that I have accidentally misinformed you. I have in fact rendered the projects in Vegas18 as Sony avc for video and ac3 for audio. i don't know if this makes any difference to your advice. Once again I can only apologise if I have wasted people's time.      

Replied by ericlnz on topic Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Posted 22 Sep 2021 19:07 #4
No, you haven't wasted anybody's time.  I recall this cropping up on the official Vegas forum a year or two ago.  I've not encountered the problem and it only affects a few so appears unique to some systems. From memory it was never discovered what was causing the problem.

Two questions to kick off - how much spare space on your drives, and are you using any external drives?
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 22 Sep 2021 22:14 #5
Thanks for your reassurance.
I have a drive of 5.45TB of which 2.96TB is free.
I don't use an external drive but use an integral MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ 272.1.02 to burn Blu-ray discs.
An external drive disc burner is available if required.
I hope this answers your question.
Thank You  

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Posted 22 Sep 2021 23:18 #6
Hi all,

I create BluRay discs having rendered as Sony AVC at 18 Mbps.

The program works fine but as you say there is a limit of about six video files DVDA will accept.

To overcome this in Vegas Pro I created a new file with all the original Vegas files end to end and rendered that out to create just one file. This loaded fine in DVDA. Then I created chapter points for each of my original files.

I hope this helps.

BobH
by BobH

Replied by ericlnz on topic Creating Blu-ray discs in DVDA Build 100

Posted 23 Sep 2021 09:08 #7

To overcome this in Vegas Pro I created a new file with all the original Vegas files end to end and rendered that out to create just one file. This loaded fine in DVDA. Then I created chapter points for each of my original files.

Yes that should solve the problem but it's strange some encounter the "six file limitation".   I've filled 25GB discs with 16 or more files and not had problems.  It's weird.
by ericlnz

Posted 24 Sep 2021 04:18 #8
Many thanks to everyone who has replied to my question, I seem to have uncovered a mystery. I too have filled 25GB discs with multiple files in the past but the problem seems to have developed since I updated to Vegas 18 Pro and DVDA Build 100. I will certainly try all of the suggestions offered but I hope to find the definitive solution at some point.
Thanks again everyone
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:42 by ONTHETRACK

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds