VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Removing Unwanted Blackscreens Between Items on a Playlist (Which Only Show Up On a Disc After it Has Been Burned)

:unsure:

After having finally put everything together as I desired, I ran into another hiccoup on the way to completing my DVD Architect 5.0 project. In the process of watching the burned disc with my (what I thought to be finished) project on it, I discovered that there were (approximately) ten second pauses (blackscreen) between items on each playlist. As I have each "chapter" of my project rendered in individual pieces that I thought I could just put on a playlist and have run through as a whole in cohesive, uninterrupted continuity, this is definitely a big wrench thrown in the works. Is there any way to take these pauses between pieces out of a playlist? (I am looking to have them flow seamlessly one to the next.)

Secondly, I noticed that if I just played a playlist from start to end it played in continuity (minus the ten second black screens between individual entries on the playlist) but if I skipped ahead (hitting the chapter forward button, not merely fast-forwarding) to another part on the playlist and let it play through, when it got to the end of that piece (after the blackscreen), instead of continuing on to the next item on the playlist, it would go back to the main menu.

Are these bugs in the program or can something be done to rectify this? I have already spent several dozens of hours rendering and re-rendering and getting everything just so, so to have this after I had thought I had everything good to go is quite disconcerting to say the least. The thing is, none of these problems showed up when I previewed the project (many times through). Thanks again in advance for any ideas and advice you might have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi William

I have had a close look at your DVD Architect project file and can now report back to you.
Unfortunately you are probably not going to like my recommendations, however that is all part of the learning process. Everyone that has learnt how to use DVDA has been in your situation at least once.

OK.
Your project would work better if you render just ONE complete video for the main subject. You could still render separate videos for your bonus features section, however it would probably be easier to render those 5 x videos into one single video as well.

As a critique of your project, I think you could simplify and remove many of the sub-menus you have created and still end up with a good looking DVD.

Another thing I noticed is your total file size is way too big to fit on a single DVD, even though you have set the DVD to a dual layer 8.5GB disc, it is still too big to fit on a single disc. So I don't know how you managed to burn a disc at all ?

Solutions
So there are no gaps between each video section, you should render one large video file (for main subject) and place Marker/Chapter points in the video file.
Then you can use the function Insert Scene Selection Menu to create thumbnail links to all the sections of the main video - this had the effect of making it look like there are separate videos, but the advantage is there will be no gaps between the playback of each chapter.

So you can understand this more easily, I have adapted your project and re-saved it. Take a look at what I have done and then re-do your project.
It should not take too much effort to make the modifications and then you will have a fully functioning DVD.
There is also another step which you should do, to compress the videos so that they fit on the disc properly.
I will wait to hear back from you, before supplying any more information.

To keep your DVDA project private, I will email back to you my modifications to your project.
I am posting on the forum first and then emailing you a private message. There may be a small delay between receiving the two new messages.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Apr 2015 15:08 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.790 seconds