VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Voice goes out of sync

Voice goes out of sync was created by tom2938

Posted 20 Jun 2015 06:36 #1
I have a captured video that syncs video and sound just fine in Movie Studio 13 Platinum. But when it is rendered for DVD Architect 5.0 the sync between video and voice is right at the beginning of the video, but loses sync later in the timeline. If anyone has experienced this and has a solution, I would appreciate knowing what it might be. Otherwise, I'll just have to keep experimenting with the timeline in Movie Studio by finding just where the voices go out of sync in DVD Architect. I've done several other videos in the same manner, and did not have this problem.
by tom2938

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Voice goes out of sync

Posted 20 Jun 2015 14:39 #2
Hi Tom

I have never seen videos rendered for DVD go out of sync. This problem has nothing to do with DVD Architect.
This can be a problem for videos that were created by doing a Video Screen Capture. The Audio tends to drift over time and is worse if the video is very long.

Which device or program did you use to screen capture with ?

It is also important that your Frame Rates match and are set correctly through the entire workflow of your project.
What Frame Rate is the original video recorded in ?
What Frame Rate did you render your videos to ?
If your Frame Rates don't match, this could also be the cause your problem.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by tom2938 on topic Voice goes out of sync

Posted 21 Jun 2015 04:28 #3
Derek,

Thank you for responding. I've apparently solved the problem. I'll answer your questions first.

I captured the video with EZCAP.TV 116 EzCAPTURE USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. The software that came with that is ArcSoft Showbiz 3.5, which I used only for the capture.

My computer says the frame rate for the captured video is 29 (no decimal). The video was rendered by Movie Studio at NTSC 29.970, and the resulting rendered video is indicated by my computer as having a frame rate of 29 also. Evidently the computer truncates the decimal.

I don't believe frame rate was the problem, since all the other videos I burned didn't have the sync problem.

The sync problem showed up in the DVD Architect timeline with the video rendered by Movie Studio 13 Platinum. The video went out of sync in two places along the timeline, at "sloppy" cuts with the 8mm video camera. I "split" out these cuts in Movie Studio and deleted them and then re-rendered the video. The resulting timeline in DVD Architect did not reveal out of sync voice, so I assume that was the solution. Something in those cuts apparently signaled Move Studio in the rendering and threw the rendered video out of sync. The "cuts" were a few seconds long, in black with some kind of static at the middle of the run.

I'm on my last video.. but I hope to find a use for Movie Studio in the future. I just made a little birthday greeting for my daughter with it (attached). Very versatile program.

Regards,
Tom
Last Edit:21 Jun 2015 13:08 by tom2938
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Voice goes out of sync

Posted 21 Jun 2015 13:08 #4
Thanks Tom :cheer:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds