VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Font error message on startup of existing file

Font error message on startup of existing file was created by pcampbell

Posted 27 Jul 2015 08:22 #1
When opening an existing Architect DVD 5.0 file, the error message appears "The font 'arial' was not found on this system." . This is not a biggie, but is annoying. I don't know if this font is on my system or not, and don't really care if it is or is not. It doesn't appear in the Word list of fonts. Anyone know how to turn this message off? I have PC with windows 7, only factory fonts installed. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Font error message on startup of existing file

Posted 27 Jul 2015 17:57 #2
Hi

When you install other programs on your computer like Adobe Photoshop, extra font styles become available.
You can also install free Font Packs which are also added to the list of fonts available in Windows.

If you create a project and use one of these non-standard Windows Fonts, but then un-install a program or font pack that it came from, it will no longer be available. What normally happens next is you get the error message you reported and the Custom Font will be replaced with the closest Default Font.

The weird thing about your problem is that Arial is a default text.
Be careful NOT TO USE text fonts that start with @Arial - look further down the list to non-@ versions.
I don't know what the @versions are, but I suspect that may be the problem if you see any of those.

Solutions
To stop seeing this error message, open your project and have a close look at all the Text you added to your Menus.
Highlight each Text block and select Edit Text - then choose a Font from the drop down list.
When you are finished, make to to SAVE AS your project and use a slightly different project file name like YourProject_V2.dar

Re-installing the program that had extra Fonts, this will also fix the problem.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Aug 2015 00:18 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds