VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony DVD Architect crashing

Sony DVD Architect crashing was created by newfielander

Posted 06 Aug 2015 23:06 #1
Hi guys i hope we can figure out my issue,because I'm new to this program but really enjoy working with it,but why is the program always crashing on me, I have a good computer (actually 2 ) i5 and i7 processors, and lots of memory, and hard drive space. On one computer the crash happens in different places , but on my second computer it seems to only crash on the burning of a dvd ( preparing a dvd file) .
Any advice of why this is happening?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony DVD Architect crashing

Posted 06 Aug 2015 23:52 #2
Hi

Which programs are you using ?
Movie Studio Platinum and DVD Architect Studio OR Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro ?

Have you watched any of my tutorials of DVD Architect yet ?
Did you render your videos in Vegas or Movie Studio first ?
What is the total length in time of your DVDA project ?
Are you using PAL or NTSC settings ?

I need to know as much about your project as possible.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by newfielander on topic Sony DVD Architect crashing

Posted 07 Aug 2015 00:55 #3
Hi DoctorZen
I have rendered a video file using a different editing program, but I was using DVD Architect Studio to prepare a disc. (8.5)
My file is 6.09 GB, 1 hour and 45 minutes long. I used 8000mbs settings. I'm using NTSC

Posted 07 Aug 2015 08:59 #4
So did the above info help?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony DVD Architect crashing

Posted 10 Aug 2015 10:36 #5
Sorry I could not reply before now. I have been away from home for a few days and just returned.

Which non-Sony program did you use to create your video ?
What format is your video file using ?
The fact that you are using two different programs, may be introducing something that is impossible for me to help you with.
Under normal circumstances, the best way to create a DVD is to render the Video and Audio files separately, using Movie Studio Platinum or Vegas Pro.
If they are created using the official output formats for DVD, they will work flawlessly in DVD Architect.

I have been using DVD Architect Studio and the Pro version for many years now and have never experienced any crashed while working on a DVD project/menu.
Some people do experience problems during the actual burning of DVD process, but this is normally related to Driver/Firmware problems with the burner they are using and/or disc type they are using.

If you have Movie Studio Platinum, I would suggest your import your video file into here and then render a new file using the Sony formats. Then import this new file into DVD Architect.
I have a tutorial here which explains the basics.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newfielander

Posted 10 Aug 2015 20:13 #6
Hi , thanks for your help, I have since completed my project and with much patience I managed to produce a dvd. Again the program still would freeze and stop working, but I would reopened the project after it crashed and get a little farther, I did that maybe 15-20 times, and once I got to the burning step it ran smoothly, (and quickly)!!
I edited my files in a program called Corel VideoStudio ProX 7, I saved the project with these settings AVCHD Video(m2t)
1;44;05 long
1920x1080
Data rate 15970 kbps
Total Bitrate 16226 kbps
Frame rate 29 frames /second
Than once that was completed, because that program would not save the project to dvd formatt without errors I used a second program call (Power Director) to convert the above file to dvd format, and this is the properties of the file that I added to DVD Architect Pro as my main video
Type of file (MPG)
Lenth 1;44;05
720x480
Data Rate 8000 KBPS
Total Bitrate 81192
Frame rate 29 frames a sec
Audio bit rate 192 kbps.

You mentioned that where I was using 2 different programs, I may be introducing something that is impossible for you to help me with, wouldn't a Mpg file be a mpg file, no matter what program I used? Anyway thanks for your help.
Last Edit:15 Aug 2015 00:19 by newfielander

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.769 seconds