VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to return to chapters menu during playing BD-R.

How to return to chapters menu during playing BD-R. was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 17 Jan 2016 14:14 #1
This a long standing problem I have & not been able to work out. When I create a BD-R with menus I have a top menu with 'Play all' & 'Chapters', all works well going to Chapters and via a back button to the top menu, great. If I Play All and during play hit top menu it goes to the top menu if I play from Chapters ( some times over 6 choices) and I hit Top Menu on my remote it returns to the top menu and not the Chapters screen. Is there a way to return to the screen from which you initiated the play? :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to return to chapters menu during playing BD-R.

Posted 19 Jan 2016 14:16 #2
Hi Eagle Eye

I hope I am understanding your project correctly.
I loaded up one of my old DVD projects as an example and inspected how I set up the Menus.
In this project there is just one large video on the DVD and I have added a large number of Chapter Points to that one video - I am assuming this is similar to your own project.

Here is the Main Menu and it has two buttons on it - one simply plays the whole video and the other is linked to a chapters menu.
If I click on the main menu page and look at Menu Page Properties/Remote Buttons, I have Top Menu function turned ON.

If I then select the Scene Selection menu, I am now in a different menu page.
Once again, I go to Menu Page Properties/Remote Buttons for this different menu and now set Top Menu function to OFF.
I make sure that any further Scene Selection menu pages are also set the same way.

Then I played this disc in my Blu-ray player, went to the Scene Selection menu and started playing one of the Scenes.
When I press Top Menu during a Scene Selection playback, it goes straight back to the Scene Selection menu I started with.
So for me this works, however I am not sure if there may be any variance between different brand DVD/Blu-ray players and their functionality. There shouldn't be, but I never trust any technology today.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Jan 2016 14:17 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic How to return to chapters menu during playing BD-R.

Posted 19 Jan 2016 15:36 #3
I didn't realise amount of control that can be applied to a button. I referred to the Help menu after reading your reply and have printed out the chart of controls to study. Thanks, my query is fully answered, cheers.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds