VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering Audio files

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Rendering Audio files was created by Peter

Posted 17 Feb 2016 11:17 #1
Hi Derek,
Hopefully a simple question to answer.

I have a project with one video track and TWO separate audio tracks on the same project time line.
One audio track contains the original sound track had was generated during the recording of the "video".
The second track was generated during the creation of the project in SM ver 11 and consists of accompanying "music".
To create a Blu-ray via DVD Architect - as per normal, the video and audio are rendered separately.
So is the following the correct procedure:

Render the video, then Audio track 1 and then Audio track 2 - all going into the same root folder but with different identifying names ?

Many regards,

Peter
by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering Audio files

Posted 17 Feb 2016 15:38 #2
Are you trying to create a DVD that will play alternate Audio Tracks ?
This is not possible with DVD Architect Studio - only DVD Architect Pro allows for the selection of alternate audio tracks.
If you wanted to do this with DVDA Studio, you would have to upload the same Video twice with different file names.

If you mean something totally different, please explain more.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Rendering Audio files

Posted 17 Feb 2016 21:09 #3
If, on the other hand, the two tracks are meant to be played at the same time as the video, then a single audio rendering will be fine. I render for DVD (not Blue Ray in my instance) as MPEG2 and then again as AC3 (Pro if you have it but I think this only appears in Vegas Pro and not the Studio versions).

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Rendering Audio files

Posted 18 Feb 2016 03:07 #4
Hi Derek and Richard,
My objective is that the two sound tracks play together.

I wish to maintain the original audio that was generated when video was recorded by the camera.

I then added on a second audio track containing music whilst working on a project containing the original video and audio with MS ver 11 platinum.

So, in the final Blu-ray I wish to finish with a video with the original audio plus background music - as one unit.
I have no need to be able to select different audio tracks in the Blu ray disc (as for example - changing the languages from English to French or whatever).

I am wanting to make sure that both audio tracks are rendered and burnt onto the disc - and how this is done.

Hope that clarifies my situation,
Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Rendering Audio files

Posted 18 Feb 2016 04:31 #5
Hi Peter,

When I render for Bluray (without audio), I use MainConcept Mpeg2 for the video, and then remder the audio (with the same name and in the same folder) as Sony Wave64. I then have two files with the same name, one with the extension of .m2v (the video) and .w64 (the audio). DVDA will automatically find the .w64 file to match with the .m2v file when you add the video file (.m2v) to your project. All the audio tracks from your Movie Studio project will be in that one .w64 audio file, provided you have not muted them in Movie Studio. So all the original audio, voice overs, sound effects, and background music are included in the .w64 and go into the Bluray disc.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:18 Feb 2016 04:34 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Rendering Audio files

Posted 18 Feb 2016 09:34 #6
Ah Ah!
Eagle Six, that is what I needed to know.

So, with many thanks, I will be able to continue this evening with the rest of my mega production.

In reality, I am in awe when looking at the standard of so many amateur videos compared to my efforts. Actually obtaining the video, cutting and attempting to create a flowing narrative requires far more than having the software and a camera - but even so - much enjoyment gradually creating an end product.

Must go - have things to render!

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds