VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

:angry: on Movie Studio Platinum 10, I could not even 'make a movie'. as it said Architect not active. I should re insert the program. When I tried with the original disc it said this was a later version than I had (What?? It was the same disc!). I should remove Architect first. I cannot do that, only uninstall whole program. I use 13 for later HD films but need 10 for access to older projects edited in 10.
Version 10 is not available. If I try the download it from Sony - will this let me open my projects edited in 10 - and burn them ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

Posted 21 Feb 2016 00:50 #2
Hi Helen

The first thing I suggest you try is a reset of both Movie Studio and DVD Architect.
Do this for both programs:
Turn Movie Studio DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If that does nothing, you need to re-install your version of Movie Studio and DVD Architect, but do not install from your disc.
First un-install Movie Studio and DVD Architect Studio and then re-boot computer.
Then download fresh copies of both programs direct from Sony here:
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/updates/vegasfamily
At top of page is DVD Architect Studio 5.0 updated on Aug. 28, 2013
About halfway down the page your will find: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 updated on June 8, 2010

Download and save both files to your Hard Drive first and then double-click to install.
You will then need to re-register both programs using your Serial Numbers.
Everything should be back to normal now.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Helen1942 on topic Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

Posted 23 Feb 2016 02:31 #3
I went through all the suggested ways to cure this problem, even removing Vegas Premium 10 and Architect - then downloading Vegas Premium 10 from Sony. When it came to Architect, it said Architect was already on the system. Remove it. The only Architect was the one with Version 13, and was the same date that 13 was installed.
Did installing 13 cause the problem with Architect on 10?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

Posted 23 Feb 2016 12:26 #4
Can you please explain again, exactly what the problem is ?

Is Movie Studio Platinum 10 working OK now ?

Can you open DVD Architect Studio 5 by itself ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Helen1942 on topic Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

Posted 23 Feb 2016 21:19 #5
I had Movie Studio Platinum 10 and problems with HD, so purchased version 13 and installed that. No problems.

When I opened an old project version worked on in MSP 10 there was no problem with the editing - but not even a simple 'make a movie' would work. Said Atchitect was not installed.

Your advice was to re-set or down load. Re-set did not work so I down loaded. I confess I did not choose the correct Architect first , chose Pro - but uninstalled that and downloaded Architect version 5.

When I tried to register this Architect 5, it said there was already Architect on my system - remove it.
All on my system is Version 13 and the Architect 5 Registered with their serial numbers - both installed together on the same date in January - and the downloaded Version 10 on its own, dated 21.2.16.

Would the Architect with 13 cause a problem in adding the later download with 10?

Posted 23 Feb 2016 23:10 #6

Would the Architect with 13 cause a problem in adding the later download with 10?

This does not make sense. I am guessing English is not your first language. I mean no offence.

Movie Studio Platinum 13 and DVD Architect Studio 5 are designed to work together and work together very well.

Movie Studio Platinum 10 and DVD Architect Studio 5 are also designed to work together with no problems.

Movie Studio Platinum 10 was not a very good version of Movie Studio - it had a lot of bugs which were never fixed.

Because you installed DVD Architect Pro, this has added to the mess on your computer.

My advise is to un-install Movie Studio Platinum 10 and DVD Architect Pro.
You should ONLY have Movie Studio Platinum 13 and DVD Architect Studio 5 installed.
I also advise that you learn how to make DVDs using DVD Architect and DO NOT try to make DVDs with Movie Studio.
What I mean is this:
Manually render your Video and Audio files separately using Movie Studio Platinum 13 and then import the Videos into DVD Architect Studio.
Please make sure you read and watch this tutorial, which will show you exactly what to do:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum

If you cannot render videos using the method shown in the above tutorial, it means something very BIG is wrong with your Sony programs on your computer. However, there is a solution to this!!!
You would need to do a clean install of Movie Studio Platinum 13 and DVD Architect Studio.
A clean install means doing MUCH, MUCH, MORE than just re-installing the programs.
A clean install means you have to manually delete many hidden files on your computer, which are probably causing the problem.
Please let me know which Windows Operating System you are using, and then I can send you instructions on how to do a deep clean install of your programs.

Regards
Derek.
Last Edit:23 Feb 2016 23:11 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Architect said not to be active. Could not even 'make a movie'

Posted 24 Feb 2016 10:57 #7
I don't want to confuse this any further, but what interests me is if you can open DVD Architect Studio 5 by itself, as the good Doctor asked. If you can do that, just for curiosity's sake try (in MSP 10) going to Project menu Render As and manually rendering your Video and Audio files separately and then importing the Videos into DVD Architect Studio. This means forgetting the Make Movie option altogether (in v 10) and doing what is described here . The SCS KB advice is here .
Of course, if DVD AS 5 does not open by itself, just do what the Doctor ordered.

Btw, I have MSPlatinum versions 10 to 13, VPros 11 to 13, DVD A Pro 5.2 and 6 and DVD A Studio 5 (initial build 128) all installed on the same machine with no problems (so far, knocking on wood).
by vkmast

Posted 25 Feb 2016 23:39 #8
Good Morning Derek
I have run a clean disc with Windows 7. All it removed were four items. Before that I had deleted all in the waste bin then all from the disc
Was there another cleaning system that you meant?

Version 13 working beautifully with a new edit. A basic question. How would I manually select DVD Architect?

For a while I am taking your advice and chilling out by digging the garden, bashing weeds to get rid of frustration.

Posted 26 Feb 2016 00:06 #9

Version 13 working beautifully with a new edit.

Do I take this to mean your original problem has now been fixed ?

How would I manually select DVD Architect?

You can start DVD Architect by itself, exactly like you start Movie Studio.
Don't you have the DVD Architect program icon to start program on your desktop ?
If it is missing from your desktop, press the Windows Start button and select Programs list. Then navigate to the Sony folder and find DVD Architect Studio. Right-click and send to desktop.

I have run a clean disc with Windows 7

I'm not sure what you mean by this ?

This is how to do a true clean install of all your Sony programs on Windows 7, however it sounds like you don't have to worry about this now.
www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4844/~/clean-uninstall-instructions-for-windows-7

If you are still having any problems after all this, can you please start from the very beginning and explain as simply as possible, exactly what the problem is. Please tell me the exact steps you have been trying to do, because I have a feeling there is a communication problem going on here, where you are saying one thing and I am thinking you mean something different.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2016 00:13 by DoctorZen

Thank you for your patience. Right... I finished a film in Version 13 and burned a simple DVD and Blu-ray disc. No problem.

I opened a short film edited on Version 10 to burn another copy of that - but it came up 'Architect is not installed' again, even though those two discs with Version 13 had burned ok.

I checked the full list of programs and in the Sony 'folder' there was Version 13 and Version 10 - Architect was no longer there.

You had suggested putting on the desktop - and gave me instructions. A little cautious, I had not yet touched it.

The strange thing was, later in the day, looking for something entirely different in Documents on the C:drive, Architect 5 was in that list, but not in the Sony list in 'programs' with V13 and V10, if you see what I mean.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.971 seconds