VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90
Hi,
Has any other person been faced with this error massage:

An error occurred while preparing compilation
File name: N/A

Having looked for info on the web - found these forum conversations

forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/941933

Am I correct that I am going to have to presume I too have fallen foul with this in built weakness in DVDA?

regards,

Peter
by Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I haven't experienced this error personally and have not had anyone else report it until now.
I just speed read the Creative Cow Forum thread you posted and the problem appears to be related to a Windows Registry entry.
Performing a clean install of your Sony programs seems to be the solution and also making sure to install DVD Architect first before any other programs.
www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4844
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 23 Feb 2016 12:51 #3
That what I read - so will report back once I've sorted this one out - just wondered if others had other thoughts.
Many thanks Derek

Peter
by Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 24 Feb 2016 13:11 #4
Hi Derek,
Did a complete re-install (removing reg entries as well!) and re installed,DVDA first - up dated to latest versions.
Ran programs - all ok.
Then brought in the project into DVDA - pressed prepare and watched.
All ok until the end then the same error arrived!

Gone back into SM - had a good look around - re rendering the project again to a different folder.
Shall see if that does any good - if not then will continue.
Just though I would let you know.

Humbug

Peter
by Peter

On the rare occasions when I have experienced problems in rendering/preparing DVDs/Blu-rays, I always re-name and re-save ALL the Movie Studio/Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Project Files into brand new folder locations, so that nothing from my first attempts can pollute my new attempts.

It is also a good idea to make sure the Movie Studio/Vegas Pro/DVD Architect temporary cache files have been cleaned.
It all depends on the method you use for rendering your files. If you use one of the automated methods like burning directly from the timeline, garbage files can cause problems in the temporary file cache. Cleaning this is a good idea.

If you open the Project Properties window, the temporary file and settings cache is located at bottom of window where it says Pre-rendered Files Folder.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 24 Feb 2016 23:22 #6
Seems this issue has been fixed in later versions of DVD A Pro, but exists in some DVD A Studio 5 builds at least.

See also this thread .
by vkmast

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 25 Feb 2016 12:36 #7
Ok,
Tried all the above!
Re-installed the two programs (SM and DVDA) after clearing old installations and windows registry.
Rendered the original project using a new name and folder location in SM (video and audio as separate files)

Brought into DVDA - previewd without any fault showing up in play or links related to menus,
Prepared project for burning, checked for errors. None indicated and then received the same error message!

The only thing that is left to do is search for the files indicated in the forum discussion and see if they are present on my computer.

A note of interest - the same project minus the menus's (sp?) rendered and burnt to a BD with no problem when done from within SM.

The problem seems to lie with DVDA

regards,

Peter
by Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 25 Feb 2016 13:14 #8
Hi All,

None of the following are present in the DVDA program folders on my sysyem that I can see or any search has uncovered.

StatusCodeTable.xml
statusCodeTable.xsd
udf_image.xsd
ess.dll
OpcPcmImporter.dll
Sony.MediaSoftware.ExternalVideoDevice.dll

Going to see if they are present in the DVDA Pro version (download the trial - hoping it is legal to do so)
Then will try and introduce them via copy /paste into the DVDA 5 - don't see any other possibility except whistle in the wind towards Sony who appear to be aware of this problem but have only fixed it in the Pro version from what I have read.

Apologies if this is not really the place to verbalise my situation.

Peter
by Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 25 Feb 2016 15:23 #9
Hi ,

Project renders and burnt BD cleanly in DVDA Pro 6!

Peter
by Peter

Hi Peter

Behind the scenes here, I have bitten off more than I can chew.
I am in the middle of preparing a large amount of new material for the website, so need to concentrate on that right now to get it finished.

I only use DVD Architect Pro personally, but do still have the Studio version installed.
When I have some spare time, I would like to try and replicate your problem, however I would need a copy of your DVD Architect .dar project file to do that. The .dar file does not contain any of your videos, but will show me all your settings and disc menu. Send a copy of your .dar file to me via help@moviestudiozen.com

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.882 seconds