VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 26 Feb 2016 13:09 #11
Hi Derek,

To pick up from last night:
I downloaded a trial DVDA 6 pro - viewed its contents and found all the "missing files" as listed above - apart from one.
Introduced them into DVDA 5
Ran the project - and the error message did not appear - Joy!
Only to be replaced a few mins later when Windows informed me the program has stopped.
At least the section where the error was occurring was passed by (not going to bore with specifics at this point).
Maybe I should try and find a copy of that last missing file. Apparently it is present in DVDA Pro 5

Anyway, ran the project into DVDA 6 Pro and it rendered and burnt the disc without a hitch.
The disc plays clean.

This evening - removed the files that were introduced last evening.
I took another short un-rendered piece of video - placed into DVDA5 via. the with menus option.
Inserted onto the time line and pressed prepare Blu ray disc -

It ran until the same position and crashed with the "original" error message!

Took the same clip and inserted and rendered again but this time as going to burn a DVD disc.
Lo and behold - it prepared perfectly.

I shall send you the project .dar file. I thank you most kindly for your offer. Please finish the work you are involved with before my hiccup generates an intrusion - I do not want to be the cause of the rest of your audience citing me as the origin for any delay in the new tutorials lined up.

Pointing out where I'm going wrong would be a most pleasant experience - because at the moment as far as I can understand I have DVDA 5 which is not capable of burning Blu ray and once the trial for DVDA Pro 6 runs out in a month - I am stranded unless I supply cash to Sony for another piece of software to replace a piece of software that they sold me that does not work!

Time for a cup of good old Yorkshire tea.

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 26 Feb 2016 21:35 #12
Peter,
if your missing file is StatusCodeTable.xsd, you'll find DVD A Pro 5.2 here .
(Or try if you can copy/paste this .)
My DVD A Studio 5 does not have the last two files (of the six) listed, DVD A Pro 5.2 and 6 have them.
The good Doctor probably knows if you need (any/some/all of) the files in the Program Files of your MS Platinum version as well.

edit: tried test prepare BD in my DVD A Studio 5 (b 128) (media inserted from DVD A S Explorer as well as MSP 13 Make Movie BD with menu) and the BD .isos were prepared successfully.
Note that build 128 does not have the fixes (or the new bugs) of the later builds.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2016 22:29 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

Hi Peter

In order to try and replicate your problem, I need to know exactly the workflow you used.

A general comment first: I never import raw videos direct from a camera or anywhere else into DVD Architect Studio/Pro.
I have always pre-rendered the Video and Audio files separately to full Blu-ray specification using Movie Studio Platinum/Vegas Pro, and only then importing the video files into DVD Architect. Using this method, I have never experienced any failures in preparing a Blu-ray disc.

I am also able to import a raw video direct from a camera into DVDA and it will burn a disc OK and this is what I actually successfully did for the rest of my test in this message, just to test the alternate method.

The specific workflow I use to create a Blu-ray disc with DVDA Studio/Pro is this:
Open DVDA
Go to File/New
I always select Menu Based and never use any of the other 3 options at top of New Project window.
Disc format = Blu-ray
Project video format = MPEG-2 1920x1080-50i 16:9
Project audio format = PCM Stereo

I am always extremely careful to pick the exact same video format I rendered with in MS/VP, otherwise DVDA ends up re-rendering your video files and destroying the whole purpose of preparing/rendering the videos with MS or VP.

Next I import my videos into the root of the disc.
Then I drag them onto the Menu screen and do all the fancy stuff.

Next I do a Save As and make sure the project is being saved into it's own custom folder.

Next I go to Make Blu-ray Disc/Burn - 99% of the time I always go directly to Burn and not Prepare.
I can always burn more discs on another day, even if I went directly to Burn on the first time around.

At this point DVDA always does something really annoying with how to it places the new folder "My Discs" into the DVDA Master Projects folder.
It never places My Discs inside of my custom project folder, but instead places My Discs outside of the custom project folder. This is really stupid in my opinion, so before I do anything else I manually move My Discs into My Custom Project folder. The other reason you need to do this, is because you can only have one set of disc files in the folder My Discs.

After this step I keep pressing Next until the project prepares and then burns a disc.

As I was writing out all these steps, I actually made a small test Blu-ray disc using the exact same method with no problems at all.

I will be interested to know which exact steps you have been doing differently.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2016 22:59 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Peter on topic Error whilst preparing for Blu ray disc with DVDA 5.0 build 186

Posted 27 Feb 2016 13:56 #14
It worked!

Hi Derek and vkmast,
Not going to go into great details here so that storage isn't wasted.
Down loaded DVDA Pro 5.2
Found and transferred the six files listed previously into my genuine copy of DVDA 5.0 build.186 (files were not present previously). I state genuine as it was purchased and not an illegal copy.
Then opened up DVDA 5.0 - inserted the project (as prepared and rendered for Bluray in MS Plat. ver.11).
Initiated "Burn to Blu ray" and watched.

Now the proud owner of a BD that runs clean and well.
Many thanks vkmask for the links and willingness to put the time in. So grateful

Derek - thank you also.
I shall still provide you with the information that you asked for (project file and description of my workflow).
No doubt there are some things in there that are problematic as far as the best practice goes.
I shall send them via. the "help" e mail address - so that it will not clog this forum.
You will be totally welcome to then place on to the forum with any comments and screen shots that you may generate from the material / info sent.

Even having DVDA for a long time (MS ver11)! - this was the first time that I had got to create a fully fledged project with menus for Blu ray via. DVDA. Previously the camera was not adequate, my understanding of MS needed to be gained and simple DVD burns from inside SM were ample. It needs to be said that I still have so much to learn relating to the software.

Maybe, what I have done is not the cause of why the burn was successful! But..........

Many regards and again thank you,

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I'm glad you sorted it out Peter :woohoo:

Do you use Skype at all ?
If you do use Skype, I would be interested to have a quick video call with, so you can walk me through exactly how the problem occurred and how you implemented the fix. Then I can post an in-depth FAQ article to help anyone else in the future.

You can send a private email to me if you like.

Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Peter
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 28 Feb 2016 13:17 #16
Hi Derek,

Sure - Skype is possible (when I put the web cam back in its socket!).

You are 15 hours ahead of us (Atlantic Canada).
Will send you a pm

Peter
by Peter

Cheers :)
We can work something out during this week.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds