VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved movie studio files

movie studio files was created by cliffcope

Posted 13 May 2016 03:09 #1
Is it possible to have two movie studio files that have been rendered to dvd Arch. open in one dvd arch. file at the same time
Last Edit:24 May 2016 18:36 by cliffcope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic movie studio files

Posted 18 May 2016 00:41 #2
Hi cliffcope, and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what you are asking. You can have multiple Movie Studio/Vegas instances running at the same time. You can have multiple DVD Architect instances running at the same time. You can of course have several rendered videos in DVD Architect. Of course the more programs you have running at the same time, the more your system may struggle to run them all.

I can usually run 2 instances without noticing any lag, with the exception of when one is rendering a file in the case of running 2 instances of Movie Studio or Vegas, or when preparing and burning a disc in the case of running 2 DVD Architect instances at the same time.

Perhaps you can explain more about your question and what you are doing?

Note: Your question appears to have been asked several days ago. I just seen it this morning. If that is the case, any further postings will be immediate and you should receive a faster response.
Best Regards......George

Replied by vkmast on topic movie studio files

Posted 18 May 2016 01:14 #3
George,
I'd like to think that the OP wants to have more than one title in his DVD AS project. If so, he might need to start at least with the basic Show Me How tutorials inside DVD AS such as How to create a project, add titles and add songs or videos. Then he should learn from Derek's two basic tutorials on how to Create a Basic DVD using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 and DVD Architect Studio.
As you mention, he can of course have several rendered videos in DVD Architect.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by cliffcope on topic movie studio files

Posted 21 May 2016 04:41 #4
Yes, I have loaded various video clips from my camcorder into Movie Studio 13, edited them, with transitions, text, etc, then rendered it and and sent it to dvd arch. Then I have saved it as a DAR. file. I have done the same with another load of video clips.
I have then opened a new dvd arch file and followed your tutorials on having more than one movie opened on dvd arch.
Every time I try to insert the finished movies,a message comes up saying it cannot be done. As the two movies have been saved as dar. files I cannot understand why this is so.
I hope you can help to advise as to were I am going wrong.
Thank you

Cliff

Posted 21 May 2016 04:58 #5
Hi Cliff,

I'm still not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Please reply if I have this correct......

You made a project in Movie Studio 13 and rendered that project and sent it to DVD Architect. You have not as yet made a DVD or Bluray disc, rather saved that DVD Architect project, which I will reference as 'Project 1.dar'.

You then made another project in Movie Studio 13, and rendered that project and sent it to DVD Architect. Like the first you didn't burn a DVD or Bluray disc, rather saved the project, which I will reference as 'Project 2.dar'.

Now you would like to combine both 'Project 1.dar' and 'Project 2.dar' into one combined DVD Architect project, I will call this 'Combined.dar' and then burn it to DVD or Bluray disc.

DO I have this correct? If not, please advise......Thank You.
Best Regards......George

Posted 21 May 2016 05:25 #6
As George says, a .dar file is the project.
You want to add several titles (media files) to a project.

Besides Derek's DVD Architect tutorials, this SCS KB item might help you.
Quote: "Open the DVD Architect program and add the video files you rendered".
Last Edit:21 May 2016 07:43 by vkmast

Replied by cliffcope on topic movie studio files

Posted 21 May 2016 20:47 #7
Thanks for your reply.
Yes you have it spot on, I am trying to burn a blu ray disc with both projects on it.
Cliff

Posted 22 May 2016 00:59 #8
(EDITED to reflect you are making a Blu-ray, when I initially referred to a DVD disc)

Hi Cliff,

You can not combine two DVD Architect .dar projects into one. However you can add multiple titles into one .dar project.

I'm going to make several assumptions, please confirm.....

1. You are using Movie Studio 13 Platinum.
2. You have it in 'Advanced Mode'.
3. You want to make a Blu-ray disc.
4. After you add video clips to your Movie Studio 13 Platinum project, make the cuts, edits, transitions, etc. you go 'Make Movie' > 'Burn it to DVD or Blu-ray disc' > 'Blu-ray with Menus' > 'Next' > 'Send to DVD Architect Studio'. When you are in DVD Architect Studio you may or may not make changes, then save the project as a '*.dar' file.
5. You want a menu system in DVD Architect which allows the viewer to select either of the videos you have rendered from Movie Studio. -or-
6. You want the two videos you rendered from Movie Studio to playback one after the other without the viewer needing to select them from a menu.

If this is correct, there is another way to create a DVD Architect Studio project and add multiple titles. Each video we place in DVD Architect is often referred to as a 'title'. So when we say 'title', it is the same thing as the rendered video file you produced from Movie Studio 13.

In short, a better way is to render your videos from Movie Studio using 'Make Movie' > 'Save to my hard drive' > 'Advanced options' and then use the 'Render As' window. There are two files to Render As, the video and the audio (when you 'Send to DVD Architect, these two separate files are created automatically).

We would do this for both of your videos you have created in Movie Studio. It could be even more, 3, 4, 5, etc. At the end of the Movie Studio 13 project render, you will have two files for each project. If I refer back to my previous reply, you would have 'Project1.m2v' (which is the video file render), and 'Project1.w64' (which is the audio file render).

After finishing the second Movie Studio project you would have 'Project2.m2v' and 'Project2.w64' files. If you had another video, you would again make a new Movie Studio project and Render As to create 'Project3.m2v' and 'Project3.w64'. All this happens before we go to DVD Architect.

When all the Movie Studio projects are rendered, we would then start DVD Architect from the desktop. Then we would create a new (Blu-ray) project in DVD Architect and add the 'Project1.m2v' and 'Project2.m2v' (DVD Architect will automatically add the corresponding audio file, provided the video and audio files are have the same first name, only the extension will be different, and both of these files are in the same folder).

* (if we wanted to make a DVD, the Render As would produce a video file as 'Project1.mpg', and the audio file as 'Project1.ac3').

This method may, at first, sound a bit complex, but after we do it once we find that it is easy and much more flexible and produces better results. As vkmast pointed out in a previous reply, for a step-by-step of this process here is a link to Derek's excellent tutorials:
How to Make a Basic DVD Part 1
How to Make a Basic DVD Part 2

....also, these.............

How to Make a DVD with Menus Part 1
How to Make a DVD with Menus Part 2

.....and........

How to Render Video for Bluray Menus

If I have the assumptions correct, I hope all this makes some sense.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:22 May 2016 01:07 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast, cliffcope

Posted 22 May 2016 01:54 #9

cliffcope wrote: ---then rendered it and and sent it to dvd arch. Then I have saved it as a DAR. file. I have done the same with another load of video clips.
I have then opened a new dvd arch file and followed your tutorials on having more than one movie opened on dvd arch.---I hope you can help to advise as to were I am going wrong.

As George advises, "render it, render another load of clips, send to DVD AS and then save .dar."
You need to recognize titles (video files, not .dar project files) as movies, if you want to do it in DVD Architect.
Last Edit:22 May 2016 02:00 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds