VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Source Resolution - Camera to HD PVR

Source Resolution - Camera to HD PVR was created by OldTimer

Posted 25 Sep 2014 07:11 #1
Hi,

I hope this query is in the right place. I record church sermons using a Panasonic HMC41 camera, through a component feed into a Hauppauge HD PVR. The Capture Module is Arcsoft Total Extreme.

I have had this set up for about 2 years, and most recordings have been at 1280 x 720, with a frame rate of 50p (Double Pal). The resultant files are quite large, and are edited (using Sony Vegas Pro), rendered at 640 x 360, and then uploaded to the Internet. In trying to reduce the file size I have changed the setting in the camera to use a frame rate of 25p (normal PAL).

Looking at the component out setting in the camera it says AUTO.

I am using the Playstation 3 setting in the HD PVR, and where it shows me the Source Resolution in the HD PVR it still says that the resolution received from the camera is at a frame rate of 50p.

Any ideas why the HD PVR is not showing the selected frame rate?

Just a quick second matter, I see that Hauppauge have brought out the own Hauppauge Capture software (free download). Any thoughts whether this would be better than the Arcsoft Total Extreme?

Regards,

OldTimer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Source Resolution - Camera to HD PVR

Posted 25 Sep 2014 14:52 #2
Hi Old Timer

I have moved your question into the Video Camera section, as it is more of a technology question.

So your problem is the file sizes being produced direct from the camera.
I am a bit surprised that you are rendering only 360p video for YouTube. That seems like a bit of a waste, considering you are recording in 720p.
Is there any reason why you are not rendering and uploading 720p video to YouTube ?

Your question is a bit out of my knowledge level.
It sounds like the way you have your camera connected, it is sending the RAW video feed out. Which means you are getting the maximum video signal/recording mode direct from the sensor. I must stress that this is a complete guess, because I am not an expert in this field at all.

I think the best place for you to find information would be on a Panasonic Forum and/or a Hauppauge Forum.

I have no recent experience with Hauppauge or Arcsoft capture software, so I cannot really comment.

On a personal level, I am looking at buying a Hauppauge HD PVR myself. I can't decide on which model to get. All I want to do is record programs from my Pay TV Box so I can keep my favourites.

I wish I could be more help.
Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:15 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.520 seconds