VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Win 10 install videos.

Win 10 install videos. was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 03 Jul 2016 11:42 #1
Thank-you Derek from probably many more than just me. I recently clean installed Win10 64bit on a new computer I built, and I really wish I had access to these videos before I actually installing it. I cannot wait until you produce the third video on tuning Win10. Great job and thanks again.
I have finished up with one annoying problem though and that is a warning that a 'USB device is not recognised'. On the net there are several fixes for the different causes. I find that I have no question marks or yellow triangles in my USB field in 'Device Manager' so I don't know what will permanently fix it. The only way to stop it is to shut the computer down turn it off and remove the plug for 10seconds. That lasts for about 2 days of many boot ups then suddenly it comes back an I am not even using any USB stick or such like at the time. The warning, visual and audio cycle every 10 seconds!!!!!!! Keep up the great work, cheers.
Last Edit:03 Jul 2016 22:23 by Eagle eye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 03 Jul 2016 15:07 #2
Hi

I have moved your message into the Computer sub-forum.

Every computer is completely different, so this is where it can get a bit tricky.
It sounds like the USB controller is missing.

Did you build your own computer or buy it off the shelf ?
If you built your own computer, what brand and model is your Motherboard ?

If you bought PC off the shelf, what brand and model number is it ?

I believe that Windows 10 installs generic USB drivers when you do a clean install, however depending on the model of your Motherboard, it may require specific branded drivers. I built my own computer and it uses an ASUS Motherboard. It has a special custom controller for the USB ports, so needs a specific USB Controller Driver. I also had problems with my USB ports, but once I installed the correct driver, everything started working correctly.

Once I know what model PC / Motherboard you have, I can advise further.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 04 Jul 2016 05:55 #3
I built my computer (third one in 6years) myself from components I purchased. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3, socket LGA1151, DDR4, USB3.1 & its an ATX format. I run a Skylake i7-6700K 4.0Ghz. There are a few reports of this problem on the internet but I have looked at them and the diagnosed defects in those articles I have checked & I don't have. I will check Gigabyte drivers though. Thanks for taking an interest, cheers. :)

Replied by Uncle Zook on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 04 Jul 2016 06:34 #4
Following your guidance I created a dvd with the windows 10 installation file (ISO). But when I tried using the dvd I was advised that it could not be read because "Virtual hard disk files can't be mounted from image files, or from removable media that isn't formatted with the NTFS system" When I burned the dvd I put the blank dvd in the dvd slot and it went thru a formatting process. So what went wrong?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 13:43 #5

Eagle eye. wrote: I built my computer (third one in 6years) myself from components I purchased. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3, socket LGA1151, DDR4, USB3.1 & its an ATX format. I run a Skylake i7-6700K 4.0Ghz. There are a few reports of this problem on the internet but I have looked at them and the diagnosed defects in those articles I have checked & I don't have. I will check Gigabyte drivers though. Thanks for taking an interest, cheers. :)

Here is some extra advise.
To get all the Drivers for my year 2011 Asus Motherboard working properly, I actually installed the Windows 7 Drivers pack, but installed them using Windows 7 compatibility mode. Asus did have drivers for Windows 10, but only a handful compared to the full suite for Windows 7. First I tried to install the Windows 10 drivers, but they did not work properly. So I then un-installed them and used W7 drivers. Everything works exactly like it did when I was on W7.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 04 Jul 2016 13:51 #6

Uncle Zook wrote: Following your guidance I created a dvd with the windows 10 installation file (ISO). But when I tried using the dvd I was advised that it could not be read because "Virtual hard disk files can't be mounted from image files, or from removable media that isn't formatted with the NTFS system" When I burned the dvd I put the blank dvd in the dvd slot and it went thru a formatting process. So what went wrong?

It sounds like you didn't burn the DVD properly and I don't understand what you did wrong.
I've re-installed Windows more times than what I can remember and did not get that problem.
I just Googled "Virtual hard disk files can't be mounted from image files, or from removable media that isn't formatted with the NTFS system"
There are a large amount of results for this and most seem to explain exactly what I showed in my tutorial.
Last Edit:04 Jul 2016 13:51 by DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 04 Jul 2016 23:45 #7
Hi Uncle Zook,

When you downloaded the file from Microsoft's site (I will risk the assumption part here :) ), it is an .iso file. These types of files cannot just be copied over to a formatted disk and expected to work. Microsoft does have an "installation tool", which works great via a USB flash drive (recommendation - use a USB 2.0 drive for the best compatibility). Not sure if the same tool works correctly with "burning" an ISO file to DVD. Best option there is having a program that will actually burn it correctly to DVD; I have used Nero, Roxio, Cyberlink, and even IMGBurn - a "freeware" program, of which you can find numerous on the web. Here is the link at Microsoft for the Windows 10 download, including the Mediation Creation Tool:

www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Hope this helps, and Happy Burning!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 05 Jul 2016 00:36 #8

mmcswnavy24 wrote: Hi Uncle Zook,
When you downloaded the file from Microsoft's site (I will risk the assumption part here :) ), it is an .iso file. These types of files cannot just be copied over to a formatted disk and expected to work. Microsoft does have an "installation tool", which works great via a USB flash drive (recommendation - use a USB 2.0 drive for the best compatibility). Not sure if the same tool works correctly with "burning" an ISO file to DVD. Best option there is having a program that will actually burn it correctly to DVD; I have used Nero, Roxio, Cyberlink, and even IMGBurn - a "freeware" program, of which you can find numerous on the web. Here is the link at Microsoft for the Windows 10 download, including the Mediation Creation Tool:

Thanks Mike.
For many years, I always used Nero to burn the actually Windows ISO file to DVD and it worked every time.
This time around, I used the function that comes with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, exactly like I showed in the screen shots from my tutorial. Everyone that has spoken to me privately, has reported it worked OK for them. So I am a bit confused as to why Uncle Zook has a problem.

Uncle Zook, it might be a good idea to start fresh and re-download a fresh copy of Windows 10 and use one of the programs Mike has suggested to burn the actual ISO file.
OR
After you have downloaded the Windows ISO file, abort out of the Media Creation Tool.
Find the Windows ISO file on your computer, right-click the file and you should see the option Burn Disc Image or Burn Image To Disc.
This should open a Windows burn app.

Replied by Uncle Zook on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 05 Jul 2016 11:46 #9
I really do appreciate the rapid response from both of you great guys, Derek and Mike. Derek I followed your last advice and burned a new dvd Windows 10 installation disk. I did a right click on the ISO file and clicked on "burn to disk". Then when I clicked on the dvd this time the installation proceeded. While I've only had it a few hours the installation appears not to have created the problems I had with my first try. On the first try I did click on the pop up window urging people to install windows 10.
I did go thru your second video on making a clean Windows 10 installation. Maybe because I'll be turning 90 in a few months but it seems a bit over my pay grade. Also the idea of having to reinstall all my programs does spook me especially since some of them are old and may not install. So for now I'm taking the chicken way out and will not do the "clean" install unless I begin having problems.
Derek your dedication to helping people is amazing. If there is an afterlife you will certainly have a place of honor there. :)

P.S. If I'm using System Mechanic can I forget about installing Piriform CCleaner?
Last Edit:05 Jul 2016 11:54 by Uncle Zook

Posted 05 Jul 2016 12:09 #10
Hi Uncle Zook

If your computer works OK after doing the Upgrade, there is no need to do a clean install as well.
If you start experiencing problems, then I recommend doing a clean install.

If you are already using System Mechanic, you don't need CCleaner as well - they basically do the same thing.
I have actually stopped using System Mechanic as of last week. Version 16 was released last week and I don't like what they have done with the new version. They have dumbed it down and it is very buggy. I am personally going to use CCleaner instead. I had actually made a tutorial about System Mechanic, which I was about to upload and then the new version 16 arrived. When I saw what they had done I was in shock. I did some tests and found it had a lot of errors and actually made my Internet connection go slow. I am going to make a video and show people how to fix the problem that System Mechanic causes and then recommend people un-install it. I have thought long and hard about this and believe I am not over-reacting.

If you still have version 15.5 installed, keep it there for now, BUT DON'T let it upgrade to v16.
I will send you some instructions in a private email in the next 24 hours.

I would never recommend something that does not work properly any longer.

Derek.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.824 seconds