VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MSP 13 & 14 offer

Replied by Peter on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 07:28 #11
Hi all,
Just for completeness!

The version that was downloaded for my purchase of buy "13 pro and get 14 pro free" was as follows:

The 13 Pro was Sony Vegas 13 Pro build 453 - registered and authorised with Sony
and
The 14 Pro was Magix Vegas 14 Pro build 161 - registered and authorised with Magix.

Regards,

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 07:33 #12
Hi Peter,

Question, did you purchase the deal in July or August? The reason I ask is, I have read some who purchased the deal late in August got the Magix Vegas Pro 13, others reported they got the Sony as you did. Again, not that it matters, just curious.
Best Regards......George

Replied by Peter on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 07:36 #13
Hi George,

Date of purchase was 02/07/2016 (therefore, July).

P.
by Peter

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 08:43 #14
Thanks for the info guys :cheer:

I'm sure by now you all know my situation.
Never received a single email from Magix or Vegas Creative Software ever :?
No Net Notify working either :?

If there was no MSZ grape vine, I would be completely in the dark. So I'm grateful for the community here.
It's going to be a very interesting week. My contact at Magix in Germany has passed on all my grievances to a higher authority. If I don't start receiving email communication about these deals USA customers are receiving, it seems pointless to support Vegas into the future.

I am waiting with eager anticipation (not). So f#$%ing sad. LOL :( :cheer: :lol: :woohoo: :wink: :evil:
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Sep 2016 08:44 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 08:59 #15
I wonder if MAGIX have any idea of the immense amount of support their Vegas product line would be losing.
The work you have done for Vegas / Movie Studio and for us users is beyond compare.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9

Replied by sargan on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 21:28 #16
Hope it gets resolved ... your training tutorials are great - long may they continue.
by sargan

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 27 Sep 2016 00:51 #17

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Peter,

Question, did you purchase the deal in July or August? The reason I ask is, I have read some who purchased the deal late in August got the Magix Vegas Pro 13, others reported they got the Sony as you did. Again, not that it matters, just curious.

Eagle Six'
Just for INFO; My PayPal receipt shows I purchased VEGAS Pro 13 on 31 Aug 2016 for $199.95 and I requested the CD, which I received and installed. It came with DVD Architect Pro 6.0 and iZotope Nectar Elements (whatever that is) It came in a SONY box and last week I received an email with a download link to update to version 14 (see other thread posted earlier).
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Posted 27 Sep 2016 01:00 #18

MrGrunthunter wrote: Eagle Six'
Just for INFO; My PayPal receipt shows I purchased VEGAS Pro 13 on 31 Aug 2016 for $199.95 and I requested the CD, which I received and installed. It came with DVD Architect Pro 6.0 and iZotope Nectar Elements (whatever that is) It came in a SONY box and last week I received an email with a download link to update to version 14 (see other thread posted earlier).

Thank You for the info. It appears you received the Sony Vegas Pro 13 build 453. The others I have read about may have received the download, I'm not sure.

iZotope Nectar Elements has some pretty neat audio presets and adjustments. I have used it several times to improve the bass of audio.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 27 Sep 2016 01:08 #19
I just checked and you are correct, I received build 453. I haven't tried downloading the 'free' version 14 yet. It also might appear that I won't be receiving a CD for the version 14 though so I guess requesting the CD for version 13 was for naught. :-(

Eagle Six wrote:

MrGrunthunter wrote: Eagle Six'

Thank You for the info. It appears you received the Sony Vegas Pro 13 build 453. The others I have read about may have received the download, I'm not sure.

iZotope Nectar Elements has some pretty neat audio presets and adjustments. I have used it several times to improve the bass of audio.

DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Posted 27 Sep 2016 02:31 #20

MrGrunthunter wrote: I just checked and you are correct, I received build 453. I haven't tried downloading the 'free' version 14 yet. It also might appear that I won't be receiving a CD for the version 14 though so I guess requesting the CD for version 13 was for naught. :-(

Thanks for the confirmation on build 453, that is good as it is the last build from Sony and the subsequent rebranding builds from Magix crippled some of the add-on's that worked in build 453, although this may not be of interest to you when you install version 14.

It doesn't surprise me that they would send a CD for version 13, by your request, and then send the version 14 by download. The logic they have used during this roll-out is beyond me. Anyway, I wish you luck with the new version 14.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.808 seconds