VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Time to make a proxy video

Time to make a proxy video was created by huskereurocat

Posted 06 Oct 2016 07:39 #1
I made my first proxy video in MSP13 and it took 42 minutes for a 17.5 GB file. Is that normal or do I have some settings wrong? it just seems a little slow.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:10 Oct 2016 23:55 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Time to make a proxy video

Posted 06 Oct 2016 16:41 #2
How long in minutes was the original video clip ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Time to make a proxy video

Posted 07 Oct 2016 02:02 #3
43:44
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Posted 07 Oct 2016 08:44 #4
That is pretty slow compared to my computer.
Your CPU model is the BIGGEST factor in determining how fast a Proxy Video file renders.

What exact model CPU does your computer use ?
If you search "System" using Windows Search function and select "System" from results, you can find your CPU model.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 07 Oct 2016 15:36 #5
Intel core i5-2400 @3.10Ghz with a GTX 950 2 GB GPU

Posted 07 Oct 2016 18:22 #6
Your CPU is about average not super fast, definitely not slow.
Some video files just take longer than others to render.

Posted 24 Oct 2016 14:48 #7
I noticed that the proxy is being generated in the background. Can you go about simple editing functions while that is being generated? Will there be repercussions?

Edit: Seems this was a silly question, since I have tried it and the media that has not finished setting up the proxy is offline.
Answered my own #$%^& question!
Last Edit:24 Oct 2016 15:04 by huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.837 seconds