Question Placing photos in project

• Thank you received: 1

Placing photos in project was created by pdsmediaservices

I've followed your rendering instructions for exporting to DVD Architect and the video portion of my projects look great on a 40 inch TV. Unfortunately, when I place photos at their original resolution from an Android phone camera (3264 x 2448 pixels), the output in the video looks grainy in the preview window and the final rendered video. The files from the phone are in JPG format.

I had to re-size the photo to 1028 pixels tall and save to PNG as you suggested to make the photo look clean in the final rendered video. I must be missing something.
31 Oct 2016 05:58 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Placing photos in project

Are you making DVDs or Blu-ray discs ?
You need to make Blu-ray discs, if you want the best possible image quality.

I would convert the 3264 x 2448 .jpeg image to .png, but crop the image to 16:9 aspect ratio in your Photo Editing software (Photoshop or Gimp) and output to 1920 x 1080. Then you photo is using the maximum resolution available for Blu-ray.

If you are making DVDs, that is only 720 x 480 pixels on 40" TV - it will never look sharp like the original photo at those settings.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
02 Nov 2016 23:14 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.