VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Recording multiple audio tracks with video

Recording multiple audio tracks with video was created by charlescomer81

Posted 10 Feb 2017 22:10 #1
Good Day...

Here is the thing. I am currently in the process of building up a Youtube talk show type deal which will consist of two cameras and four mics connected to an audio interface...

What I would like to do is have the ability to record all of the footage from both cameras and all the audio on separate tracks.. For clarification that would be 2 video tracks and 4 audio tracks all being recorded at the same time inside the same software. Is that possible to do is Sony Vegas Pro?

I have Movie Studio Platinum 13 and don't believe that I can do it in there so I am aware that I have to get the Pro version unless someone knows some tricks.

The reason I am asking is because I would love to record everything into Vegas but it looks like this would only be possible using a video editing software and an audio editing software which (not sure if it helps) I would be using Studio One 3 for audio recording. Would it be better just getting two cameras that can handle the raw video footage for up to an hour and use a laptop and audio interface to record the audio then drag everything into the Video editing software afterwards?..

Can Vegas Movie Studio Platinum or Vegas Pro run simultaneously with software like Studio One 3 on the same pc?

MY apologies I know that this is a cluster of mess to sort out but any help would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Recording multiple audio tracks with video

Posted 10 Feb 2017 23:21 #2
Hi Charlescomer81 and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

You cannot record live video directly into Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio.
As far as I am aware, you cannot record 4 tracks of audio simultaneously, to the Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio timeline.
You can definitely edit 4 tracks of audio later on.
Recording 1x audio track to the Vegas timeline is very easy to do.

To record 4x tracks of audio to the Vegas timeline, would require an intermediate device like an audio recorder, however if you had a multi-track audio recorder, it would make more sense to record all the audio to that first and then import the 4x track recorded audio into Vegas for syncing with the 2x videos.

I have actually done this myself, using a Zoom H6, which can record 5 tracks simultaneously.
Tascam also make a similar audio recorder.
I think it would be far safer and more reliable to record into an Audio Recorder first.

I am actually making a new tutorial right now, that shows a hack you can use to edit Multi-cam video with Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 which gets released in a few weeks time, will have proper multi-cam support added to the program.
All Vegas Pro versions have always had this feature.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:16 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds