VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Move back to Windows 7

Replied by Videome on topic Move back to Windows 7

Posted 09 Mar 2017 01:45 #11

huskereurocat wrote: BTW, I did get "End It All" and it doesn't seem to kill anything and it comes with no instructions that I can see. I thought that all my processes were supposed to come up in the window?

I have not seen that view from 'Enditall', one without a user menu bar. That must be a new release. 'Enditall' does not track processes but rather running programs that were started at reboot and those that the user fires up after reboot. If I said processes, I apologise, I should have said programs. I am surprised there is no menu bar. Here is a screen shot of mine.

I have just run it and gone to 'Help>About' to show the version number. The yellow locks to the left indicate I have locked these programs to stop the 'Enditall' program shutting down my anti-virus, malware and system monitor.

EDIT:- OOps, I forgot to mention, you need the menu to 'Action' from the action menu, what you wish the program to do. It does not (or at least my version does not) 'Close' or 'Kill' running programs automatcally. The user has to 'Action' the program to shut the programs down.
Last Edit:09 Mar 2017 01:50 by Videome
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Move back to Windows 7

Posted 09 Mar 2017 13:03 #12
Here are a couple of screenshots of my system after start up and one of what is being used after start of MSP13. I haven't opened a project yet, just started it. Over 25% of my RAM is taken up already. Is that an indication that I don't have enough?

Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:09 Mar 2017 13:04 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Posted 09 Mar 2017 13:23 #13
That link was to an older version. End It All is no longer freeware. You must have got in on it before they started charging for it. What version of Windows are you running? The download doesn't support anything past XP platform.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Posted 09 Mar 2017 21:54 #14

huskereurocat wrote: Over 25% of my RAM is taken up already. Is that an indication that I don't have enough?

As I stated earlier in one of my posts, "I am not a PC expert". Therefore I do not wish to advise you too strongly about a course of action that will come back to bite me. The problem is that there are other contributing factors that will affect your decision to buy more RAM. One important one is the type of project you are running into trouble with. Is it all your projects or just one?

Other factors are the size of project, or the type of media you are using in your project. Consider these factors before deciding. If another small project using say a few small mpeg-2 type files is OK, then you need to examine what is different in the project that is causing your PC to struggle. If another project using say HD AVCHD files is causing your PC to struggle, then yes you need to give your PC more RAM.

I am not aware of a situation of say a corrupt SMS_13 project causing this kind of problem, however someone else may have experienced this. I have experienced it with other NLE products, but not as yet with these products. Derek (AKA Dr Zen) my be able to enlighten you on that score.
by Videome

Posted 09 Mar 2017 21:58 #15

huskereurocat wrote: That link was to an older version. End It All is no longer freeware. What version of Windows are you running? The download doesn't support anything past XP platform.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit system latest build. I have just searched and located this web site and its free.

ccm.net/download/download-22884-end-it-all
by Videome

Posted 10 Mar 2017 10:11 #16

Videome wrote:

huskereurocat wrote: That link was to an older version. End It All is no longer freeware. What version of Windows are you running? The download doesn't support anything past XP platform.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit system latest build. I have just searched and located this web site and its free.

ccm.net/download/download-22884-end-it-all

I contacted the site moderator that this link has. This is what he wrote back.
Hello,

Your message entitled " Reviews about End It All " posted on Mar 9, 2017 at 03:59 PM has been deleted by a moderator (Ambucias)

Here is the commentary left by the moderator to your attention:

Thanks for your interest in CCM.net,

The moderators team

Is there a site that you downloaded your version from? This was ver 1.0.0.3 and you have version 2.0. Maybe there is a difference.

Posted 10 Mar 2017 18:59 #17
Well, that's apt. "Enditall' has! Can't help you there.
by Videome

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.723 seconds