VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio Track global settings

Audio Track global settings was created by huskereurocat

Posted 12 May 2017 08:30 #1
I'm trying to figure out how to create a noise cancelling effect for an entire audio track. I seeing a number of Audio FX, but short of trying each and every one I want to lean on someone with more experience with MSP13 than I have. I have a new blue snowball recording device and it has much better sound level quality than my last setup, so I am trying to avoid rendering the sound and correcting the background noise in Audacity and then importing that to MSP13 as a new file. Basically trying to take a step out of my editing procedure by eliminating Audacity from the equation. Any one have any suggestions?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:12 May 2017 10:17 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio Track global settings

Posted 12 May 2017 10:17 #2
If you want to add noise cancelling to your Audio recording, you need to use Audacity!
Audacity has a noise cancelling effect, which I assume you are already using?

Movie Studio software does not include Noise Cancelling.
The only "Sony" software that has this tool is Sound Forge Pro - I use this for all my recordings to remove the sound of computer fans.

This is my workflow.
First go to Options/Preferences/Audio and set Preferred Audio Editor (I use Sound Forge Pro, you could set it to Audacity).
1. Import Video into Movie Studio/Vegas Pro
2. Right-click Audio track and select Open Copy in Sound Forge - this creates a .WAV audio file which will open in your preferred audio editor.
3. Apply Noise Cancelling
4. If you had Sound Forge Pro, you could simply press SAVE and the .WAV file auto-updates back into Movie Studio/Vegas Pro.
Pressing Save only does not work for non-Sony/Magix programs. Instead you need to render .WAV file and manually re-import into your Movie Studio project - making sure to remove or mute original track and only using new audio track.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Audio Track global settings

Posted 12 May 2017 11:30 #3
I don't see Sound Forge as an add-on package on the Vegas website. Do they not off that any longer?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Audio Track global settings

Posted 12 May 2017 13:00 #4
Hi Huskereurocat,

Was "slumming" on the forums and came upon this thread. You actually made me go back and look at my previous e-mails from when I purchased Movie Studio Platinum 13 (Suite for me). So, if you purchased the "Suite" version of MSP13, part of that package had both Sound Forge Studio and Acid Music Studio; the "Platinum" only version did not. So, I went to Magix site, which bought out all the old Sony stuff, except the Catalyst stuff, and if you go to the "Music" tab along the top for the products, you will see Sound Forge there. They do not have the "Studio" version that would have been included with the Movie Studio Platinum Suite. Here is a quick link for you, and notice the price of the full version:

Sound Forge Pro

If you did originally purchase the "Suite" version of Movie Studio, and can't find your disc or backup file for install, I know Dr. Zen has posted an archive list for the older Sony products in the forum.

I ran into this problem as well, but with the Vegas Pro 14 update. But, when I purchased Vegas Pro 12 Suite years ago, it had the update from version 10 to version 11 of Sound Forge Pro included, which I now run with Vegas Pro 14, using the steps the Doc already noted.

Yeah, that $299.00 price is high, but is $100 cheaper til the end of the month. Not sure if Derek's link for the 25% off would make it cheaper, or if it is even valid for Sound Forge. Of course, the price is probably for US, so may be different for other Countries. If not within your budget, Audacity does work fantastic, and there are a lot of available plug-ins and VST add-ons for it as well. Best part: ITS FREE!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Audio Track global settings

Posted 12 May 2017 13:23 #5
Thanks for the info Chief! Don't think $300 is going to happen, so Audacity is the ticket.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds