VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Masterpiece Video Projects

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 316

Masterpiece Video Projects was created by ericlnz

Posted 15 Dec 2017 13:29 #1
We don't get many videos posted and it is interesting to see what others (non Pros) get up to apart from holiday movies.

Here is a video I did earlier this year when I seriously moved over to Vegas Movie Studio. It was made for a club competition using the Magix version of Movie Studio 13. In case you wonder the white alien isn't real. She's a battery driven clockwork version.

vimeo.com/198802408
Last Edit:24 Dec 2017 11:36 by ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by pioneer on topic Masterpiece Video Projects

Posted 15 Dec 2017 20:09 #2
Really entertaining Eric, as an aside, it would be great if you could just give a small précis of how you put it together. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 316

Replied by ericlnz on topic Masterpiece Video Projects

Posted 15 Dec 2017 21:56 #3
It's a mixture of:

Some 'universe type' video clips that I acquired with a previous video editor a few years ago. They're actually SD 4:3 and if you look closely you can see the world is stretched
Clipart from the net modified, actually from Willabong DSA Scraps , with which you're probably familiar John. Plus the stars are from the net and altered with cloning in extra stars
1080 video shots around the garden some fortunate like the ginger cat who is the same cat in the nightime shot which is actually an altered daytime shot grabbed with my phone
1080 video Shots I had of the moon taken from my deck plus one I grabbed off my TV screen and cloned to add more craters
As the idea came to me I took additional shots like the suburbs at night and in the garden and around home with my 'cat'
The city and people were SD and HD shots I had.
Obviously it involved animating the clipart using the Pan/Crop box and keyframes. My final moon going away used chromakey to remove a night sky with no stars showing and replace it with the stars.

Club comp was last week and I won. The runner up was very interesting. Green screening to give a lady club member sitting among the animals at the zoo.
by ericlnz

Replied by pioneer on topic Masterpiece Video Projects

Posted 16 Dec 2017 01:38 #4
Great description Eric, yes I was aware of Willabong's DSA Scraps and have used several of them myself in the past. Well done on winning and having the inspiration to do this video.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Masterpiece Video Projects

Posted 16 Dec 2017 02:15 #5
Cool cats :)
I love short films.
If you can master the art of short film, you can do anything.

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds