VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 3D Machinima Rendering - Tips, Tehniques & Completed Works

Thank you, Zen Master, for this wonderful place. I have learned much here because of you.

I wanted to start a topic thread pertaining to editing and rendering animation works. I would also like to post links to my completed content here. I use Sony Vegas 14 and am happy with it, though I have found that it does crash from time to time when working on large projects.

Speaking of large projects, I would like to share my biggest project in my video making career. It was the culmination of over 1.2 TB of footage and took me several "all-nighters" (and some double ones as well, but we don't need to get into that).

I have many questions regarding topics such as best codecs to use for "lossless" rendering of .avi formats, which settings are best for quality - file size is of no concern to me as long as the quality is preserved. I am checking myself not to turn this thread into a solely Q & A zone, so without further ado, I would be honoured to share with you my video debut. I honestly could not have done it without Derek. He has helped me more than I know and I am a buffoon for not having purchased his book yet (which I will do in the future). You are a great person, Derek.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.

Beneath the Basement Studios - Christmas in the Commonwealth
Last Edit:20 Dec 2017 00:24 by Sir Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 3D Machinima Rendering - Tips, Tehniques & Completed Works

Posted 20 Dec 2017 11:46 #2
There are a lot of different methods that Vegas users use, when working with "lossless" video formats.

If you are wanting to convert video into an Edit friendly "lossless" format (before it gets into Vegas), which you then import into Vegas to do further editing with, you can use the free Sony software program called Catalyst Browse and convert your source videos into Sony XAVC Intra format.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/catalystbrowse

If you have Vegas Pro 14 or Vegas Pro 15, you can now output to Magix(Apple) ProRes format, which is one of the best edit friendly "lossless" formats you can use today.

If you are using an older version of Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio, you can Output video to Avid DNxHD format - there is an old tutorial from John Rofrano which shows how to render to Avid DNxHD format.
johnrofrano.com/training/video-tutorials/avid-dnxhd-template-for-vegas-pro/
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Dec 2017 12:00 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.715 seconds