VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017) was created by pioneer

Posted 27 Dec 2017 22:47 #1
Ok, so I am really tempted by the latest upgrade offer with the pro version of £164 UKP's. A question for Derek the magician. Are there any issues with the installation on the latest version of Win10? Will I still able to use Sonicfire from within pro15 using tools/extensions. Can the Boris Continuum 3D Objects Unit be used as a sort of titler. It is really quite a big outlay and decision for me so any help and advice would be most welcome and warmly received. The offer has been extended from the 26th December until the 4th Jan 2018. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2017 10:29 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

Posted 28 Dec 2017 03:15 #2
Hi John,

On both of my computers, I have the Windows 10 (Pro 64-Bit) Fall Creators Update (FCU) installed. My profile rig, which is what I am on at the moment, was just "freshly" installed with FCU, since I was getting failed attempts from the Wind0ws update running. So, to be safe, I BACKED EVERYTHING UP FIRST!, and re-installed Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft site, and currently have Magix Movie Studio Platinum 14 Suite running, along with the bought version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 (highly recommended by his Zen-ness!).

The other rig, after numerous issues after that machine was updated to FCU, along with some minor hardware problems, It was "freshly re-done" as well. That rig has Vegas Pro 15 Suite, and Sonic Fire Pro 6, and also a bought copy of Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 (really missed that program from the Sony packages!), including the Music Maker that comes with the download (if you let it - profile rig I bought the full version of Music Maker). All seem to be working fine, software wise on both machines.

Just make sure you have your serial number(s) available, along with your account login for Magix available when you re-install/fresh install Vegas Pro 15 (should you go that route), and as we all know, for any patches/updates they have. Both rigs are using the current builds (261 for Pro, 148 for Studio), DVD Architect 7.0 (build 67), and after I got both machines running on Windows 10, and all of its requisite updates and installed hardware drivers (which I got directly from the board/card manufacturers). Also, don't forget to use the Forum link Derek provided to get Quicktime 7.6 for Windows 10 (the newer version does not work well in my experience); and also go out to the Magix forum and look for Nick Hope's SEMw plug-in update for Vegas Pro 15. Me, I also have the Avid Codecs LE 2.7.3 installed; as well as my GoPro Studio suite (have the Hero 5 Black) for those yummy Cineform codecs!. I ran all of these "extras" prior to running any projects in Vegas Pro or Movie Studio.

Both rigs seem to work fine...always seems to be the "oldness of me" where the problems occur!

Good Luck!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2017 10:29 by mmcswnavy24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, pioneer

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

Posted 28 Dec 2017 04:12 #3
Thanks Mike for telling us your experiences with VPro 15/Win10(Pro). The SeMW Extensions plugin developed by (Magix Vegas forum username) Satevis is here .
Last Edit:28 Dec 2017 10:29 by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

Posted 28 Dec 2017 10:28 #4
Sonic Fire Pro 6 from your Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite package, will also appear and work with Vegas Pro 15 - it's working in VP15 on my computer.

Boris Continuum 3D Objects is an advanced 3D Text Generation program.
I have been using New Blue FX Titler Pro 5 for about the last 18 months in all my video projects and know how to use it fairly well.
I am determined to learn how to use Boris 3D Objects this year, because it is just as good as NBFX.

The deal right now is extremely good value.
I recommend you download the free trial for Vegas Pro 15 if you haven't already done so and check it out first.
I do this before I buy any software program, just so I know if it is going to meet my expectations.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2017 10:29 by DoctorZen

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

Posted 28 Dec 2017 23:51 #5
Ok downloaded the free trial and I am very impressed so far. A question again for Derek... As I burn very few DVD's I do not use DVD architect, I mainly save to my hard drive then upload to either Facebook, Vimeo or YouTube using the MP4 option from the menu "Make movie" in MSPS14. Which is the best option in Pro to use for this continued method please? Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 30 Dec 2017 06:50 #6
Well sadly it would seem I misunderstood the upgrade offer it would appear I have to have a previous version of pro to take advantage of the offer. MSPS is not a valid upgrade path. Never mind I just wish it was explained at an earlier stage on the website. Rather than being informed by a support ticket enquiry
by pioneer

Posted 30 Dec 2017 08:55 #7

pioneer wrote: Well sadly it would seem I misunderstood the upgrade offer it would appear I have to have a previous version of pro to take advantage of the offer. MSPS is not a valid upgrade path. Never mind I just wish it was explained at an earlier stage on the website. Rather than being informed by a support ticket enquiry

Regarding the upgrade options, the sonycreativesoftware.com site was very clear on which previous versions/products were eligible for upgrade pricing.* Currently on www.vegascreativesoftware.com (that's Magix) you'll find the link to "Information regarding the upgrade" on the relevant product page, if you select the purchase option "Upgrade". The information you get reads "As an owner of the previous version, you can get the latest version at any time for a special price. Please have your login data or the serial number for your previous version ready". Admittedly it may not be detailed enough.

*) (SCS era example)
Last Edit:30 Dec 2017 09:08 by vkmast
Attachments:

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 30 Dec 2017 09:16 #8
It's obviously my age and the excitement of what I thought was a good chance to upgrade
by pioneer

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Pro 15 upgrade offer (December 2017)

Posted 30 Dec 2017 09:51 #9
John, you should have taken the Humble offer!

OT - I'm currently playing with download trials of other consumer editors in order to assist a video friend. Interesting to see areas where Vegas MS is lagging behind others but in other ways is a dream to use by comparison.
Last Edit:30 Dec 2017 09:51 by ericlnz

Posted 30 Dec 2017 10:02 #10
Seems the net might soon be filled with offers of a VPro 14 Edit digital key as many of the 162K Humble (!) buyers are trying to make some profit with the software they have no intention to register/use. I guess that should be eligible for upgrade pricing.
Last Edit:30 Dec 2017 10:04 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.142 seconds