VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Video camera

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Video camera was created by pioneer

Posted 18 Aug 2018 17:47 #1
Good Morning I am considering purchasing a 2nd hand Canon XC10 as a replacement for my old Panasonic camcorder, has anybody used one of these if so any feedback please? I use Vegas Pro15. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Video camera

Posted 18 Aug 2018 19:15 #2
No doubt John you've looked at reviews. There's one here.

Near the end it has a sample file which can be downloaded from Vimeo. You need to download the original which will enable you to check that your Vegas handles it. It's a 4k file.

Personally I prefer a "proper" video camera, not one that tries to be everything. Note that like many consumer cameras it only shoots 4K at 25 fps not 50 fps. Personally I find 25 fps unpleasantly jerky if there's sideways movement that is either fast or close. But others don't seem to mind it. Maybe it's my eyes/brain combination!

Eric
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic Video camera

Posted 18 Aug 2018 19:48 #3
Cheers Eric. My main reason for looking at this model was it does stills as well as videos albeit not that great a quality for stills, but I could travel and use just one camera rather than taking two as I do now with my aged Panasonic. Will download later and try it with Vegas to see if my system can handle it.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:12 Sep 2018 16:45 by pioneer

Replied by Vidchick on topic Video camera

Posted 10 Jun 2019 02:29 #4
John,

I am just now seeing you post. You may have already gotten the new camera. My two cents.... I have been shooting with a Cannon HFG20 for years now and it is my absolute favorite! Shoots great video and you can push the touch screen (or your remote) to take still pictures which are also great quality. Great in low light and good color. The G20 has a 32GB hard drive you can record to or 2 card slots you can assign for video recording or stills. I use a 128GB card in each and can be out all day shooting video on one card. This is just an HD version and unavailable anymore but I understand the HFG21full HD, HFG30 full HD, HFG40full HD, and HFG 50 & HFG 60 which have 4K are basically just improved models. Some with 4k and some with WIFI capabilities. I have Movie Studio Platinum 13 and 16 which handle the footage very well. The newer Cannon cameras are about $1200-$1600 but the HFG21 which is HD is $799. ($200. off) at B&H Photo right now. Looks like the XC10 has a lot of pro functions that would be a steep learning curve if you aren't already used to them. At $799. new for the HFG21 really hard to beat if you don't need super fancy stuff.

Vidchick

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds