VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Blufftitler codecs

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Blufftitler codecs was created by pioneer

Posted 28 Sep 2018 23:01 #1
Good afternoon, I have downloaded and installed the Blufftitler demo program to play around with and see if I want to purchase the program. Having lots of fun with it but have encountered a small problem. the program will not load and display MP4 video files. I have been told to install the K-Lite Codec Pack and then change a setting within the program so as to load and display MP4 files. Just asking here if anybody else is using the program and whether the K-Lite Codec Pack is ok to install. Sorry to appear ignorant on the issue of codecs and I am looking for the professionals on here for guidance. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:01 Oct 2018 18:00 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Blufftitler codecs

Posted 29 Sep 2018 00:08 #2
Hi John,

If you follow the advice of Dr. Zen and others on this forum, and probably as well on the Magix Vegas Pro/Movie Studio forum, I would gather that the resounding reply would be "No" to installing the K-Lite Codec pack. I personally did this once years ago, and it did not turn out well for me. Within a month, was re-installing Windows, and all my programs.

I have never purchased or used BluffTitler, and to tell the truth, first time I have heard of it. With all the various problems and/or issues our community have (or report...supposedly?), why add something else into the mix to try and diagnose if something is not working? And from what I have read on the Zen and Magix forums, the first thing everyone seems to do is blame Magix (or Sony if they are still using the older versions of Vegas Pro/Movie Studio). Plus, being retired IT guy, lets just say, like everything else in life..."if it sounds too good to be true..."

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Blufftitler codecs

Posted 29 Sep 2018 01:12 #3

pioneer wrote: Good afternoon, I have downloaded and installed the Blufftitler demo program to play around with and see if I want to purchase the program. Having lots of fun with it but have encountered a small problem. the program will not load and display MP4 video files. I have been told to install the K-Lite Codec Pack and then change a setting within the program so as to load and display MP4 files. Just asking here if anybody else is using the program and whether the K-Lite Codec Pack is ok to install. Sorry to appear ignorant on the issue of codecs and I am looking for the professionals on here for guidance. Cheers John

I agree with and second everything The Chief has said.
Never install KLite Codec pack !!!
It will ruin Vegas and destroy your Windows Registry.
I was stupid enough to install it many years ago, after being sucked into all the crazy videos on YouTube that said Vegas worked better with KLite.
I had to re-install Windows after the Registry got screwed up and Vegas stopped working properly.

I have never heard of Bluff Titler until today.
If it can't support mp4 video natively, it can't be a very good program.
You should never have to install garbage codec packs to get a program working properly.

New Blue FX Titler Pro and Boris FX 3D Objects Titler and the two best titling programs you can use with Vegas.
Both of these titling programs work with Vegas out of the box and are worth making the investment if you use a lot of Titling in your videos.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Sep 2018 01:14 by DoctorZen

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic Blufftitler codecs

Posted 29 Sep 2018 16:58 #4
Ok thanks for both of you taking the time to respond and advice given which I will follow. I also was not aware of Blufftitler until I saw it being shown on the Vegas forum tutorials, Its not there now. This is part of the Video that was being shown it also included motion tracking as I have said I cannot see it now.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:29 Sep 2018 17:04 by pioneer

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Blufftitler codecs

Posted 30 Sep 2018 10:56 #5
I have been using Blufftitler for several years now with both Sony Movie Studio and now Vegas Pro with no issues. I use it to create my INTROS and OUTROS. I also noticed the referenced 'tracking' video on the Blufftitler user forum but have not tried that tracking technique. If that is what you are wanting to do then I would suggest posting in the Blufftitler forum. I got introduced to Blufftitler when I was using SMS when I wanted to create some 360 degree rotation text and couldn't do it with SMS.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 30 Sep 2018 17:33 #6
Thank you for this Mr Grunthunter, I was looking at doing intro's with the program and using the Demo version it performs very well for my needs, Problem is and was for me the inability to import MP4 files into a show and being told to install this KLite codec program, hence my reason for asking the question and taking others advice on here I decided not to install the KLite codecs. However that said I can still import other formats. ………...Edit and update, after posting about transparency in that Forum I perchanced upon a post by you. Seriously impressed with your hillbilly Cabin intro.
Last Edit:01 Oct 2018 01:58 by pioneer

Posted 01 Oct 2018 12:01 #7
Thanks Pioneer, Those were all animated GIF's I brought into BluffTitler on different picture layers. When done I saved it and brought it into Vegas Pro for an intro. I've purchased several of the Bixpacks when they have been on 50% off sales. If you see any you like I can edit the text for you and send it to you. I can't even begin to comprehend how some of those guys can create the things they post. Vincent does the most amazing things.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 01 Oct 2018 17:34 #8
Thank you sir, I am still playing around with the demo version before purchasing. Thing I cannot get my aged head around is the issue with MP4 and codecs. Michiel suggests downloading the Klite codecs to get the program to use one of them to open MP4 files, but, I can open and view MP4 files in windows media player, WhatsApp web, films and tv and Vegas Pro 16 suggesting that I already have the codec on my Win10 laptop. So there is a bit of reluctance from me to buy the program. Thanks for the offer, I will keep playing around with it, from some of the work ive seen it certainly is very versatile and would meet my modest needs.
by pioneer

Replied by ericlnz on topic Blufftitler codecs

Posted 01 Oct 2018 19:58 #9
John, just because you have a codec on your system doesn't mean it is available to all software. WMP, Vegas etc may all be using codecs that are solely for their use although I've always understood that codecs used by WMP were available to other software to use. But from your experience obviously I'm wrong.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

Posted 01 Oct 2018 23:37 #10
The BixPacks I hare are: 1 , 3 , 6 , 8 , 12 , 16 , 18 , 20 & 24 in case you see anything in one of those that you like. I save the files out of BT as '.AVI' files and then just drag them into SMS or VP. BTW; I am running Windows 10 and don't seem to have any problems with MP4 files and don't remember having to load any special codecs. On one of my 'older' computers several years ago I remember having to mess around with that codec pack.
Mike

GTX-1070

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.865 seconds