VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Spectralayers Pro 5

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Spectralayers Pro 5 was created by BobH

Posted 18 Dec 2018 22:58 #1
Hi all,
I have VEGAS Pro 16, Sound forge Pro 12 and Spectralayers Pro 5 installed and working together. I love the integration they provide. I am very new to Spectralayers and need to become better acquainted with the possibilities it offers.

I have found a few videos on YouTube, mainly for older versions, which have given me a start. Does anyone have links to more tutorials I might be able to look at?

Thanks
BobH
Last Edit:19 Dec 2018 09:30 by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Spectralayers Pro 5

Posted 19 Dec 2018 09:46 #2
Hi BobH

I have been wanting to learn how to use Spectral Layers Pro more proficiently myself.
There is indeed a severe lack of resources on this topic.
The best you can do is scan through all these videos:
www.google.com/search?q=spectralayers+pro+tutorials&tbm=vid

One thing that may help you, is to also watch tutorials for iZotope's RX software - this is iZotopes version of Spectral Layers Pro.
www.google.com/search?q=izotope+rx+tutorials&tbm=vid
The tools are obviously going to be slightly different, however the theory behind how to do stuff should be the same.
Reading the Help file for Spectral Layers should fill in some gaps as well.

If I can get my shit together next year, this is definitely a topic I would like to invest more time in.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Dec 2018 09:50 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Spectralayers Pro 5

Posted 21 Dec 2018 00:02 #3
Hello Derek and thank you for your quick reply and the links you gave.

I do not have RX 6 but I do have RX 6 Elements which I guess has rather fewer features. I will try to find some tutorials on this.

As you say the number of tutorials on SpectraLayers is rather limited but it gives me a few hints to look at.
I found the manual gave instructions on the different tools but was not really a great help.

Anyway, thanks again and very best wishes to you down under.

BobH
by BobH

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.753 seconds