VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Youtube downloader recommendations

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Youtube downloader recommendations was created by BobH

Posted 31 Aug 2020 00:01 #1
Hi there,

I have Free Download Manager to download videos from Youtube. It was working fine yesterday but today it gives me an error message 'network problem', so any suggestions why this might be?

What software do you all use to download from youtube?

Thanks
BobH
Last Edit:07 Mar 2022 11:51 by BobH
The topic has been locked.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Youtube downloader recommendations

Posted 31 Aug 2020 11:35 #2
I download a LARGE amount of videos all the time, from various websites - mainly YouTube, Vimeo and Daily Motion.

What I have learnt is that there is no downloader program that works 100% of the time for all video types. So when one program doesn't work, I switch to my backup programs.

1. My No.1 choice is 4K Video Downloader - this is a paid product, but works well 99% of the time and supports the download of Subtitles.
www.4kdownload.com/

2. My second choice is a free program called WinX YouTube Downloader. This can be hit or miss at times, but is normally pretty good.
www.winxdvd.com/youtube-downloader/

3. Any Video Converter
www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

4. If you are a complete nerd and want to do really advanced downloading, I recommend JDownloader. Windows will pop up warnings when you try to install this, which can be ignored. JDownloader is a free open source program and safe to use.
jdownloader.org/home
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
  • BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Youtube downloader recommendations

Posted 31 Aug 2020 20:54 #3
Once again Derek thank you for your prompt reply.

All is OK now once I reset my router. I am not sure why this caused a problem.
Thank you for your list of options which I have noted.

Regards
BobH
by BobH
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.924 seconds