VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 17

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Movie Studio 17 was created by Brian

Posted 23 Mar 2021 01:10 #1
Hi Derek,  Thanks for your recent e-mail.  I have Movie Studio 16 and in view of your comments is it worth me upgrading to MS 17 as I only use the app for my holiday movies.  Also, if I did upgrade would the last version of DVD Architect still work?  Thanks Brian
Last Edit:23 Mar 2021 01:37 by Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 17

Posted 23 Mar 2021 01:40 #2
Hi Brian

Do you own Vegas Movie Studio 16 or Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 ?
The non-platinum version is only very, very basic.

If you actually own the Platinum version, then it is probably not worth upgrading to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17.

MAGIX has retired DVD Architect.
The last version of Vegas it came with was Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.
If you did upgrade to v17, it will still work with your current version of DVD Architect.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Movie Studio 17

Posted 23 Mar 2021 02:06 #3
Hi Derek,
I have Movie Studio 16 Platinum.  
If DVD Architect is retired would they be replacing it or will new users to Ms have to find another prog to author DVD/BluRays?

Thanks once again for your prompt reply.

Brian
by Brian

Posted 23 Mar 2021 11:40 #4
That's it. No more DVD Architect programs from Magix.
They claim that no one makes DVDs anymore, which I don't agree with!

Magix has told me personally, that if people still want DVD Architect they can request a copy and it will be sold to them.
I'm going to see what happens over the next 12 months.
If people start asking how to buy it, I will ask if I can sell it through a link here.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Movie Studio 17

Posted 23 Mar 2021 22:42 #5
Good idea to market it yourself. I agree with you.  I still make DVDs and Blurays and so does a friend of mine (uses a different software).  I shall guard my copy of Architect.  Trust you are not caught up in the dreadful flooding.
Regards, Brian
by Brian

Posted 24 Mar 2021 12:12 #6
I just got news direct from MAGIX, that DVD Architect is officially dead and NOT available for sale ever again.

I live inland and am not near any rivers - it's never flooded where I live.
A lot of people that are being flooded in Sydney right now, are living on known flood plains.
Last Edit:24 Mar 2021 12:12 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Replied by vkmast on topic Movie Studio 17

Posted 24 Mar 2021 22:43 #7
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/no-dvd-architect-with-vegas-pro-18--122836/#ca787387

Btw, I live on the plains which were well-known in my northern country for their recurring floods. The "flood war" against the largest flood lakes here took several decades, but we finally got rid of most of the flooding. We expect some trouble though again this coming spring when the amount of show we got this winter for a change starts to melt. The two previous winters were almost snowless in the area.
We're lucky though not to experience the severest weather conditions that many parts of the world are time and again facing.

by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 25 Mar 2021 11:06 #8
Thanks @vkmast for link to VEGAS Forum post.

This looks like a good replacement for DVD Architect.
tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html

When I have some spare time, I'll give this a full inspection.
If it turns out to be a good product (which it seems to be), I'll make some tutorials and promote it as the alternative to DVD Architect.
If I had unlimited money to burn, I would buy DVD Architect and put together a small team to continue development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.870 seconds