VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Unable To Install Vegas 20 after computer infected with virus.

Hello friends. Hopefully, you are all well. This is my first post here. Guys, I have a problem with my PC. Guys, I am unable to install "Vegas 20" on my PC. I don't know why this is happening and how to fix this issue.  Currently, I am using Windows10. (Note: The last couple of days my PC was virus-infected, I did a virus scan with an antivirus or can I repair the OS with the command "sfc ?scannow", the source is here ) Could this be the main cause of this problem? Please help me solve the issue.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2022 02:44 by Charliehoward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Unable To Install Vegas 20 after computer infected with virus.

Posted 22 Sep 2022 02:44 #2
Hi Charlie

I will assume you have a virus protection program installed.
On my own computer, I use ESET Smart Security, which continually monitors for viruses.
99% of attacks come through emails and my virus protection program normally blocks and quarantines the virus, before it can spread into System files.
If your virus protection program did something like my example, your computer should be OK.

However, a long time ago I installed a program, which infected my computer - it started doing weird things before I realized I was infected.
If any system is infected with a virus that has already started making your computer do weird things, I would strongly recommend you do a clean install of Windows.
A clean install of Windows is the only way to guarantee complete removal of a virus.
I know it's a pain to do, but if I was you, that's exactly what I recommend you do.

When you do a Clean Install of Windows, it wipes your C-Drive clean before re-installing Windows.
Make sure to backup any data files that are on the C-Drive, before you attempt a re-install of Windows.
After installing Windows, you then will need to install some Drivers and all your programs.
I have some helpful tutorials on this topic here - they are a bit old now, but the information is still good.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-windows

Last thing. I have re-installed Windows many times of the past 10 years.
Each time I did it, was because my computer started "acting up" and I couldn't work out what was causing the problem.
After doing a clean install of Windows, your computer will feel brand new again and Vegas Pro 20 will install OK.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds