VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Proxy Video Editing:Having created and edited the SD Proxies, will any transitions and FX manipulations remain after the replacement of the SD files?

Having created and edited the SD Proxies, will any transitions and FX manipulations remain as is after the replacement of the SD files with the HD originals?
Your video, on YouTube, did not address this aspect or made it clear for me. In addition, how does one overcome the 2GB and 4Gb barrier for long form editing?
Are there settings that can be checked, or unchecked, to make this possible? I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 Platinum. Thank You for your consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jean-Pierre

If you have followed my tutorial on working with Proxy Videos, the tutorial shows you everything you need to know.
I never leave out any important steps in my tutorials.
When you swap the HD originals back into the program, any Video Fx, Transitions and Editing you have added will automatically be applied to the HD videos. So when you swap the HD versions back in, you will never loose any of the work you have already done.

The newest version of the program Movie Studio Platinum 13, now includes an inbuilt Proxy Video creation tool.
So when you import videos into V13, all you have to do is right-click all your videos and select "Create Video Proxies".
Switching the Preview Window to Draft or Preview quality, automatically plays the "sd proxy versions" while you edit.
At any time during the edit, you can also switch the Preview Window to Best or Good, and it will display the original HD versions.
When it is time for rendering the final video, Movie Studio Platinum 13 will automatically use the original HD versions.
If you do a lot of Proxy Video Editing, it might be a good idea to upgrade to v13 or what a little while for version 14 to be released, which may be happening soon.

Movie Studio Platinum 12 and Movie Studio Platinum 13 now both come packaged with a 64bit and 32bit version of the program.
If you have a 64bit computer, you would install the 64bit version.
The new 64bit versions will give you full access to all your computers available RAM (memory), so if you have 8GB's installed, it will be used if needed.
This is another good reason for upgrading to one of the newer versions.
I suggest you download the free trial for Movie Studio Platinum 13 64bit edition and test it out.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/moviestudiope

The newer version does look a bit different now, however once you dig down into the controls, you will see that it is still very similar to the version you are currently using. If you do download the free trial, make sure to watch my beginners guide which explains some of the new controls.
Beginners Guide for Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:19 by DoctorZen

A Happy and a Successful New Year to you and your family. I greatly appreciate your response to my inquiry. I will watch the Proxy Video Editing
video again, and will consider your suggestions about the new releases. I have always been recording and not editing. This is my first effort to
actually do it which causes a little apprehension. I thank you for taking the time to send me a response. Respectfully, JP
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds